• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 16, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sblunier

displayname
Steve Blunier "Mr. Plow" (Central IL)
Yup they do....mine ate hood hinges and headlights like they were snacks!

I had Dave Kirk balance my K321 I built years ago with his balance plates. It's about as smooth as the K241 it replaced, maybe just a bit smoother.

I know Dave balanced Wyatt's K321 in his Wheatland Plow Special too.

Dave,
I'm with Steve. Both 169's I used to have shook, especially at idle. Mine smoothed out at WOT. But at idle, they looked like Dad's Jane Doe 730 Diesel. That 730 at idle will bounce the front end as you count each cylinder firing......
bouncy.gif

David S.-

Solid mounts will probably make it worse. The factory iso-mounts, when properly installed, will make it pretty smooth at full throttle.

My Parts Guy in Receiving (been with IH dealership for 40 years) came up to me and asked if I have any interest iin a NOS decal kit for a 128. Unfortunately, I dont have a 128, but was curious on what I should offer for it. It's all there, and has correct textured side panels and dash panel. Any thoughts?

My 169 had a crank balance plate installed, but it still rattled and banged quite a bit. Pulled like a Missouri mule, but so does the 20hp mag in my SGT.....without the dentist bill to replace fillings!

14's are much smoother to start with.....MUCH SMOOTHER!!!!!!

John -I bought a decal kit for my 129 years ago when I refurbished it in about 1990. IIRC there's only 6 decals in the kit. Dash, headlight panel, and the side decals for the hood & dash. Think I paid around $30 retail back then. I'd offer $10-$20.

I bought a decal kit for my 72 just before they all went NLA from MTD. Only four pieces, and the new darker blue is NO WHERE CLOSE to original, think the kit was $50-$55. Dealer goofed and ordered two kits! Called me a month after I got the first kit and said they had a second one!

Thank you for the information on the International Chipper/Shredder. I plan on going to look at it today.

Good Morning, All!!!
happy.gif
Off to see the Dr. for our three month checkup in a little bit.

Allen S. A BIG THANK YOU to you and your wife for the package that arrived yesterday. The kitties also say, "THANK YOU!"

Remember to install the neoprene gasket between the grill and frame mount area to help eliminate the excessive vibration from any 16 horse engine. Also, it helps installing a strip underneath the hood hinge. I have to work tomorrow only I'll try and get some pictures this weekend.

Dave,
People probably get tired of changing Iso mounts or spending the green for them. When I had Quietlines, I had the regular Iso's and used Matt's process for tightening them right IIRC. Never had any issues myself. And all my QL's ran nice and smooth, even the 1650. Cradle modification helps out tons. Those flexplates are pricey to replace and I think the solid mounts save flex plates. I know you've dealt with a flex plate or two.

On a side note, an implement jumped into the back of the truck today. Gannon Earthcavator, 36" Cat O. Looks like it's set up for a Sears and after loading up, the PO threw in a Sears toplink and lift straps that he said came with the Gannon when he got it. Super nice folks. Have to snap some pics and try to post them later.

John B:
Sound like the perfect start to another project - must be a 128 around looking for your help....
happy.gif

I don't post on here often but I am starting a rebuild of my 1979 1650 Kohler. It quit on me late last fall and just got a chance to look at it since I have a backup 1650 and a 169. The piston came apart at the oil ring and left the top of the piston up at the head and the connecting rod stayed in the skirt and didn't score the cylinder. Head looks ok and sent the block out to the machine shop to have the bore checked.My question is I started looking at part pricing and Kohler has really jumped up high. Are some of the aftermarket parts worth using or not worth the trouble?

Dennis is right for most Kohler parts but I found ONLY genuine Kohler parts for a K341 16hp. Stens or others did not have anything for a 16hp, I was real close to using Puller aftermarket parts when I luckily stumbled onto a .010 over piston for a $120 or so.

New properly installed iso-mounts work wonders, remember these quiet lines are all 35 plus years old.

I can get 16 hp parts from standard bore to .030 over from Foley-Belsaw and I've noticed they are pretty much STENS kits. I'd love to use purely Kohler only it's like installing M&W into a FARMALL tractor or Gould into my F20. I bought the Gould through Tractor Supply at the time. Four inch piston/sleeve kit. No regrets with either. News sleeves/piston were NLA through IH for the F20 in 1972. I'd go with the STENS.

Josh S. Nice score on the Gannon. PLUS... I need the top link for my SEARS CAT O that's going onto the Pow'r Pup. David Schwandt made the adapoter bracket for it. so if you don't need the top link, let me know.
happy.gif

Latest posts

Back