• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 16, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Well I finally decided to get a big enclosed trailer and quit messin with that nasty tarp. I figure a 20 footer will do just fine.
One of Travis's friends had it for sale at Plow Day.
82691.jpg

82692.jpg

82693.jpg

Looks great Charlie! How many cubs do you think you can smuggle in there?

Charlie...Thats not nearly big enough....It needs to have a "kingpin" and connct behind your "other" red truck.....

BTW, that 1650 does have a license plate light on it. I installed it, I was my cub till last weekend.

Aaron, nice job!!!!!

Now Charlie.....isn't that a little small for IH tractor you just bought
dunno.gif

I am new here on this forum. I normally stay over on the Red Power Forum, but I couldnt get enough info so I thought I would try my luck here. My uncle has a Cub Cadet 106 that will not charge anymore. He got a good identical starter generator off a Ford lawn mower. The only problem with it is after we got it home we realized the starter generator turns the opposite direction than the Cub. What can be done to reverse the rotation of the starter generator? We found some information earlier that said to change the field on the starter. It did not say whether or not you had to change the fields on the generator. What I am trying to figure out is if both fields have to be changed to reverse the rotation. Any help would be appreciated.

hi folks!!! i need some info on a 149. what i need to know is if the ported pump and the hyd. lift will fit on my 1250. thought i had read some info on it before but cant find it now. any help would be greatly appreciated. charlie i hope you can find a set of 70 injectors for that detroit so it wont be pulling down with a full load of cubs. lol

just ran across a 42" mower deck for 107 thru 147. can this deck be easily adapted to my 100 and if not would the spindles and pulleys work on my 38" cast end deck?

Christian U.
Welcome to the Forum.
thumbsup.gif

Check the FAQ page listed above and then question #21 and see if that helps ya any.

Ted S.
Yes it will fit.
The old truck has a Cummins in it.
buttrock.gif

tim,
im not positive but i am pretty sure you could use the deck on your 100. you could probably use the spindles and pulleys on the 38 inch deck

Michael, Thanks, I'm going to try and get some more detailed info on the deck and some pictures. I can't repair my deck for what I can get this one for.
Tim

Well Jeff, sorry but the 1650 is getting a make over. I am going for the complete 7 day turn around. That includes blasting! I just got the 3 piont on on sunday - loving it. They will be going for sale soon. Thanks for the 1650 Jeff!

Nice trailer Charlie! I better get this 1650 back together soon eh!!!!

82699.jpg

Tim K.-

Simply get the subframe for that 42" deck and you will be fine. It'll fit. The spindles will NOT interchange with the cast-end deck spindles, which are one piece with the cast ends.

I have a 100 that the input shaft to the transmission broke 2 weeks ago pulling a lawn cart.
It appears that someone drilled out the coupling/shaft where the roll pin went to 1/4" and put a bolt in, didn't leave enough meat around the hole and the end snapped off. Anyways the input shaft needs replaced.
My first question, on the drive shaft is the coupling welded to the drive shaft or is it pinned as well? Mine has a bolt thru the coupling and the drive shaft. I haved the original manual and service book that came with this tractor and in the papers within it is a drawing of this coupling, I wonder if a new one was made at one point. Now I got to get the original going so I can roll my lawn. At minimum I need a new input shaft and coupling.

charlie since it has the cummings you may be able to get a flame out of the stack soes you can check on those cubs at night on the way to plowday lol!!!

For You Guys that have a general interest in Other Things related to IHC the ILL Chapter 10 (I think it was) got together at the old FARMALL PLANT I worked at in the late 70's & early 80's and shot some video that Max Armstrong narrated and has been broadcast on RFD (Horse) TV. It's about 9 to 9-1/2 minutes of other Old Farts like Myself reminiscing about the GOOD OLD Days there. Large protions of the plant IH bought back in 1926 and operated from 1927 until May of 1985 have since been torn down but thanks to My Sister I do have a FARMALL BRICK!
But the video can be seen via a link to YouTube at the General IH forum on "redpowermagazine.com" named FARMALL Video. Rollie who posts several times on the thread was actually there during the filming and has some interesting comments.

Gentlemen:
You've made me so curious that i'm gonna sell my 314 greenie.
Then, assuming i get big bucks for it (cuz after all it is a JD) i can buy one of these yellow thingees that you folks drool over.
I'll be looking for something older (late 60's/early 70's) hopefully a round fender with at least a deck & hopefully a tiller too.
My wife is NOT happy with you people. She says i should just take your word for it that CC are better than "greenies."
Tom

Gentlemen:
Regarding Tom's R's "issue"
I think our job is done...
Time for a beer...
bouncy.gif

Tom, sounds like you've come down with Yellow and White fever.
beerchug.gif
If you like the round fender Cub Cadets you'll want to look for one of these models: 70, 100, 71, 72, or a 73. Or if you want the oldest model Cub Cadet look for an Original. All are gear drive, no round fender Hydrostatic models were built. Keep in mind that the fenders were optional on the models that have the round fenders. Note that all the models I listed are 7hp models except the model 100, it's a 10hp. You could easily install a 10hp or even a 12hp in any of the models except the Original, that would require more work and customizing to fit a larger engine. It has been done, just takes some fabrication and modification.

Here's a LINK to a website that a forum member set up that has photos of the various models.

Latest posts

Back