• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 16, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lonny, I guess I should have specified FACTORY hydrostatic round fender. Do you have your tall spindles on that? Where did the fenders come from?

Kraig.

Yes, I am useing the 3" extended spindles for lift on the front.
The fenders where made out of dual axle fender sold at the local farm&fleet.
I cut them for the best fit I could get with the radius of the fender to clear the tires.
I also had to shorten the foot rests from a 102 and fit them to the brackets of the 127.
I no longer have working breaks on the 127 as I had to remove them so the fender brackets would fit. They are made out of another set of break brackets from an e-bay purchase.

82731.jpg

82732.jpg

82733.jpg

Hope all the cubs and cubers are safe out there. We had a big after shock from the earthquake here in Tenn. at 6:35 this am. Checked on my cub cadets and they were fine. The wife was o k to.

Lonnie: What did those rear tires come off of? Really got my interest perked up! What size are they so I can start watching?

Thanks Pops---
old.gif

Yep felt that dang earthquake up here in Northern Indiana. WOW

Dudley C.
Thanks for the advice about the shaft , the clutch looks fine but I'll make sure about the bearing and the shaft.
ihrotate.gif

I'm kinda disappointed... I slept right through the stupid earthquake... =]

I felt it East of Indy....... was a really strange feeling. I work in one of the taller buildings downtown and they guys that were here said it shook the building. Everything is still in one piece. I remember the one 15 or 20 years ago..... was out in the garage working on Dad's 149 as a kid. Both of them were really wierd experience.... since the earth isn't supposed to move around here.

I have to BEG for Charlie's forgiveness here...but RON S. - As I read Your post of Your tour of FARMALL & IH E.Moline even though it was 30 yrs ago I remember those very same things. First job I had @ FARMALL was right across the wall from the paint booth that painted the tractors on the Start line. And I could never smell ANY paint fumes. I was a production sheduler for a gear machining dept. so I was familiar with all that equip. You didn't want to be in heat-treat during the summer where the gears & shafts were hardened in HUGE carburizing furnaces. Typical temps on warm days was 120-125 deg.
I even was a "helper" on an 8 ft Cincinnati metal cutting shear for six weeks from Jan. '77 till March '77 @ the E.Moline plant. Really didn't care for that place....after about two weeks I was back @ FARMALL BEGGING for any kind of job available there. In March I worked My last day @ E.Moline after My first day @ Farmall as the gear dept. Prod. Scheduler. I felt I was "HOME" again.

Latest posts

Back