• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 13, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kentuck,
147 & 1450 are the 2 BESTEST Cubs ever made, Deal with it!
clappy.gif

And yea! 149's are still the worst!

Josh O.
Read the Rules and then tell me why I edited your post.
clappy.gif

I'm working on a big koi pond and just finished moving some big-a$$ rocks using my 147 and a Cub cart I got from fleaBay for $35. That ol' 147 never fails to impress me. A couple of the rocks I calculated to weigh about a half-ton, and the 147 pulled 'em up hill with no noticeable strain. And that old cart, while the bottom is a little dented, did just fine too.

188306.jpg

188307.jpg

And my wife can't understand why I would want a 40 year old tractor.

<font size="+2">ZO<font size="+1">O</font><font size="-2">M</font></font>

He must be to short ... right over his head ...

Charles - I asked IF that would work on a GOOD TRACTOR ! You hard of reading ??
coffee.gif

oh crap here come the "147 stories" since Charlie's hard of reading ...

Chip - You cheated , you put wheels under the rock !
Let us see the pond after you get it finished. Good looking helper there
thumbsup.gif

Charlie - You know how to make a lawyer a good person ?
You put him on an <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> Cub Cadet
joker.gif

Isn't it fun being the only one in the neighborhood cutting their grass on a 43 year old tractor? Year after year, the 122 keeps on going. She's a worker, not a looker, but from 20 feet away looks pretty good. I bet my neighbors shake their heads. or they dont even notice. Probably the second one. The 5$ walk behind I bought 7 years ago (that wont die) doesnt help my image either. I love it. Goes along with all of my other old, outdated vehicles and tools. Dave

Chip: Impressive - and with rear turfs! (Howdja get the rock into the cart?).
Ken: I don't think so, but you might make him/her a better person by refusing to elect him/her into a political office.
Charlie: Come on, now. A 1450 is just a fancier 149, like a 125 is a fancier 123.
Marlin: Would Fancy agree??
David:
thumbsup_old.gif

Frank -

Levers, ropes, pieces of logs, and a come-along. I would stand 'em up, then ease them into the cart. Once dumping out of the cart, I'd roll them into place with logs, that is when Ludwig wasn't "helping":
188315.jpg

As I get older, I'm learning to work smarter and not harder.

I've got chains, but didn't have to use 'em. I did get a little wheel spin backing the trailer into place, but the proper application of body weight took care of it.

Well I just had to add my .02 . I like my 147 for sure and some day plan on painting it lol. As far as the best ,well if the tunnel had a cover like and 129,149 them it would be better to work on
old.gif

188318.jpg

Josh-

The nuts you are talking about are called stover nuts. I have also heard them called compression nuts and they have nothing to melt. I posted a similar question about using these nuts vs the two jam nuts just the other day.

Charlie-

Why would you say the 149s are the worst? If that's the case, I've been wasting my time for over 6 months now doing that partial restore. I'm not real familiar with the 149 but I will be.

Kentuck-

I assume you were speaking of the two nuts used on the pto.

hello Im having a problem I think in the drive shaft. My 129 Is starting to vibrate in reverse. There is some play where the arm coupling goes on the hydro pump.Is this a major issue or just a quick fix?

PHOTO

Rod Deitrick
Looks to me like the back piece is bent and laying back. Charlie sell them for $24.00 I see.
IH Cub Cadet Driveshaft flex coupling disc PN IH-376257-R1 USE IH-376257-R3 and those couplings for $19.00
My 149 is a great tractor!
188323.jpg

Rod, looks like it's time for a new flexible disc coupling. It's possible that it's bent like Don mentioned but that is a cast iron part (item #4 in the drawing) and I doubt it'd bend and not break.

188325.jpg

So should i just buy the disc coupling or will i need both the disc and the arm coupling to solve the problem ?

Rod, if that cast part, item #4, is not bent, then the flexible disc, item #50, should be all you'll need.

Under Edit: I just re-read your initial post, if that cast coupler is wobbling on the hydro input shaft, then you have other problems, could be the spirol pin, item # 36, is about to shear, could be the hole for the spirol pin is wallowed out in either the cast part or in the input shaft or both. Best to remove the flexible disc and inspect the other parts to see if they are loose, bent or ??

ok will do and thanks for the help but time to go to work so it will have to wait till later and again thanks

Speaking of moving loads with CC's, How much does a cubic yard of crushed granite weigh? 2500 pounds? And 1-1/2 cubic yards of black fill dirt maybe 3000+#?
That's the size loads I was moving last summer with my 982 & dump cart. Sometimes "Steering" was a problem since I pull the cart from the Cat O 3-point drawbar, frt end gets a little light frequently!

These little Cubbies will pull WAY more than they could ever think of stopping.

Latest posts

Back