• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 13, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dpowell

displayname
Dave L. Powell
Charlie and Don
Thanks for the ideas!! I'll check out these things Wed. and let you know how it worked out.
Dave P

Charlie -
Don -
You better re-read his post.

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

By Dave L. Powell (Dpowell) on Tuesday, April 13, 2010 - 09:14 pm:

Have a 1650 [1977] that for some reason, I'm <u>unable</u> to get any juice to any thing <u>except the front pto pully, and hour meter.</u><!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Dave - Sounds like the first place to check would be the ignition switch since you say you had gone through all the grounds cleaning them. (Another place to run a new ground would be to the engine from the battery since the starter is bolted to it)
Also check the wiring on the switch making sure the wires aren't broke at the crimps just leaving the insulation holding it in there.

Also check the battery to solenoid to switch connections.

p.s. What kind of "juice" were you hoping for anyway ?
whistling.gif

does anyone know the thread size for the mechanical pto bolts that hold the 3 fingers and the whole assembly togther? I nforgot to check this morning and i dont want to go back home. Im putting lock nuts on instead of those 2 regular nuts they have.

Josh,

188292.jpg

CUB CADET PARTS LOOKUP, it's amazing what you can find there.
happy.gif

Kentuck,
My 1250 has that exact same problem, and I went out this morning and changed the PTO switch and the ole POS fired, LOL

For you guys using nylock nuts for PTO's, remember that they do get hot and will melt the innerds of those nuts and let things come loose.
A true lock nut should be fine, I would think.
I'll stick with the double nuts myself.

i assume you mean those lock nuts that do the same task as the nylon ones but dot have the nylon stuffin then,Correct?

Charlie - Now that I have the schematic in front of me (why Kraig sleeps I'll never know) I can see that it does go through the PTO switch b4 it it's the solenoid on the start circuit.
I kinda like using two nuts too !

Sugar crashing gotta run back to house ...

The mock up looked good, so Aaron S. from Xtrememotorworks.com decided it was time to fab the mounts and get things attached.
188296.jpg

188297.jpg

He told me that I wasn't a good enough welder to fab the mounts up and make things work right, and decided to do it RIGHT.
thumbsup.gif

Charlie, Thanks for the info. I was be VERY upset if I put the nylon ones in the the whole thing fell apart while using it. Ill look for the other kind then
greenthumb.gif

Josh - Sears had lifts like that. They work pretty good. I sold a buddy of mine an 18 Onan Crapsman in the 80's and he copied/made one of those lifts for it.

Charlie - Will that loader work on a good tractor ?
biggrin.gif

Charlie, I meant i WOULD be upset. It didnt happen. Y did you post that under my name?

Latest posts

Back