• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 13, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have an opportunity to pick up a k301 out of a cub (dont know a price yet ) but what are the differences in the motors

basically is there one form any of the models that used them to one that would be in a 125?

also what would be a good price for a k301 ?it is supposed to be complete and ran when pulled with starterator

thansk

I have a 48" mower deck, newly restored with some new, some used parts, on my 149. It has the old tapered bearings. One spindle keeps coming loose and falling off. I tighten the spindle as tight as I can get it, allowing the spindle to turn without binding. If I tighten it too tight, it will not turn so I back off a little, but it keeps unscrewing itself and coming off. Any suggestions??

DAVE G. - You need to look at an exploded parts view in the parts look-up. You don't have something assembled correctly or there's a missing spacer or washer. The capscrew on the top of the spindle has to get tight so it stays tight. You can't loosen it so it can turn.
May just be wear on something also.

Dennis Frisk

You get the blame for breaking Charles server this time
clappy.gif
clappy.gif

( ps , i have a 44" to rebuild so i`ll be askin lots of ? .
greenthumb.gif

DONALD - YEAH!!!! Charlie can chew my backside again! And I so deserve it!

I'm NOT a real big fan of 44 & 50 inch decks right now. My Buddy's son bought an almost brand new JD deck off something he was able to fit under an existing green tractor a year ago for $35 US. I spent $170 for PARTS for ONE spindle on my 50C the other day. And I still have to use the original pulley & blade on that spindle.
I really don't care for those waterpump bearings, not so much the bearings themselves, but how they "FIT" into their little stamped housings. At least MTD powder coats them real nice. Which should last maybe ten minutes.

I know deep draughing steel, especially rather heavy gauge steel is not easy, but $70 US for that lower part of the spindle housing is robbery. I've got at least one more spindle to work on later this spring/summer and I think I have a way figured out so all I need is the ST-745 bearing! I'm going to play with my old parts later this week!

ANYHOW - Ask all the qquestions you want. Someone here can answer them! The 44 & 50" decks do mow nice and pull easy once they're "tight".

Wayne S.
Personally, I just don't like the bone rattling, teeth jarring, noisy SOBS!
It just doesn't make sense to me that the same engine in a 147 is smooth & quiet.
Over the years, I'm about the only one that complains about the 149.
SOOOO, not to worry on your end, if ya like it and it does what you want it to and it sets right for ya. ENJOY IT.
PS,
I do own 2 of the nasty things.
roflol.gif

Frank C. You Bet that Fancy agrees!!!
188384.gif
Fancy and I have been busy trying to find time to do some garden plowing among other things. Still he just loves any ride on a Cub Cadet.

188385.jpg

This year he wants his picture taken while helping to plow the garden.
188386.jpg

Rob,
I just had this same issue in my 129.
As Kraig already stated, I found that the rear cast coupler was wobbling around on the shaft. The holes for the spirol pin were wallowed out. Then the wobbling cast piece had wallowed out the hole that the shaft slipped into.
Fortunately, I had replacements already on hand.
But that fixed my problem. No more vibration.
In your pic, the flex disc looks as if it is about to fail where the bolts go through.
Brad

First time poster. Have read this forum for a few years. Thanks for the help. NOW, I have a problem. I have done my best to search the archives but I think this is different. My Cub 1250 with the Kohler K301S engine. This thing eats ignition coils. Nine coils later, two sets of points and condensers, clean battery cables and wires, engine grounded to battery. Typically, the engine starts and runs fine, cut the grass turn it off and it will never start again. The first time, start the engine move tractor 75 feet and it died. New coil, starts up and runs a couple of hours, shut it off and it won't start again until you change the coil. Can you help PLEASE? Harvey Grand Rapids, Mi.

Latest posts

Back