• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 10, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
PSA,
ANYONE posting any or all of a PRIVATE email between members on the open forum will be
banned1.gif
, no questioned ask, no matter who you are or how long you've been a member!

Well a new day!
Received my parts the other day and installed the implement lift handle button and lock pin.
The actual grip is NLA.... I was thinking of sealing off the buttons and then using rubber dip to ' mimic' as best of a grip as I could.
Any ever tried that? or have another suggestion that might work? maybe an alternate part that fits. Maybe another grip from different cc only differs ibn the sloped angle of the top of intended grip as shown in photo..
320157.jpg

Mcgiver, good to see you're still alive! Welcome back.
wave.gif

Jeff, I looked a few years ago (Hmmm, might have been about 10 years ago, so I guess more than a few years...) for a substitute for that grip and for the style for the Original. Definitely worth another search.
happy.gif
Interesting thought on the dip stuff. Try searching for vintage bicycle handlebar grips and you'll get close.

Too bad on plow day. Will give me some cub time though. Finally warming up some

Jeff B,

Just did a quick check and found a cub cadet grip like you need on greedbay. Sorted by best match, it is the fourth one down the list.

Planned to plow the garden today with my 128, but did not make it.
A guy called and wanted to come and look at the last 124 I had for sale. He took it.
Oh well, maybe tomorrow.
The pollen is so bad, it looks like smoke in the air!
Makes my nose run and my eyes water like crazy.
Thankfully it hasn't gave me a migraine yet.

Thanks Marty!
I was able to find it, shipping kills the deal.
Going to give the tool dip a go and see how it works out I think....

Jeff,

How much is the shipping? It is $3.50 to my house.
From Ottowa to Penn Yan, NY is only about 250 miles!
Is there any one in the US that you could mail it to, and drive and pick it up?

Happy OTF Friday the 13th! Shipping: I look at shipping as how much do I want something, where is it available, how much would it cost me to go get it.
happy.gif

Torn on tomorrow. Big annual consignment auction in Boone county has what could be an 1811 and a really nice #2 cart and a 122 in pieces minus engine.

Then there's a large farm tractor collector sale, with unknown garden tractors. Equal distance from my house. If the weather was nice I'd be in the garage, but the crappy wind/rain makes me want to go out in it. Which makes no sense, but I'll be doing it anyway!!

And the weather wins!! Staying inside and helping paint today, oh well. How's the snow coming up north and out west? Mostly rain and high winds, keeping me from even getting the 1200 mowing ready.

Very windy (gusts up to 40mph) and snowy here today. Winter storm warning until 7:00pm Sunday, with up to 8 to 12" of snow with localized amounts up to 15".
icon_eek.gif
The Cub is gassed up and ready.
Shift.gif

The first time I can say the weathers beautiful here in coastal Rhode Island Im going to use the 149 to spread some mulch and also use the 149 to recover my neighbors John Deere that died on him LOL IH power to the rescue

Ethan, nice.
Kraig, I've been reluctant on tearing the 100 down because winter keeps threatening spring! Even with the bent shaft and wobbly wheel, it beats shoveling.

It has warmed up here in NC, but the wind has been blowing since Christmas.
Instead of blowing snow, it is now blowing pollen.
The wind is steadily tearing off the plastic on my painting shelter.
If the wind ever calms down, hopefully I can finish my 100.

Hmmm, they changed it from a Winter Storm Warning to a Blizzard Warning.
yikes.gif
At least it's now supposed to be over about 12 hours earlier.

320174.jpg

Here's a view out my window taken a few minutes ago. Yesterday the driveway and most of the yard was snow free.

320175.jpg

Back