• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 10, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kraig,

No blizzard here. It is 75 degrees, 90+% humidity.
Nothing much, except for a severe storm warning and tornado watch along with some hail!!
yikes.gif

Figured I had better post this before the power went out.

Oops, forgot the flash flood warning!
err.gif

It's still snowing here. It did let up for a while so I went out and cleared the driveway then it started again right as I was finishing up. I had to shovel the last bit as something is up with the Cub. It's making an odd noise and it started smoking a bit out the exhaust and was way down on power. Oil level is fine. I'm not sure what it is. Possible broken ring?
dunno.gif
I'll have to wait for warmer weather to figure it out. I was able to limp it back to the tarp shed. Weather says another 4 to 7 inches yet today, and another 1-3 on Wednesday. Sigh...

My daughter came out and gave it a try opening up the driveway out to the road, here she is.

320177.jpg

Then I finished up. Snow is dry on top but wet underneath.

320178.jpg

320179.jpg

320180.jpg

Kraig,

Nice pics! I love seeing cubs in action.

The worst is over here. Tornados touched down in at least three or four areas within a 30 mile radius of here.
There was one report of large hail in another area about 50 miles away. Someone posted a pic of their windshield busted all to pieces from this hail.
We made it without any damage, just a lot of wind and rain.
Still waiting for a good cub painting day.

Kraig - Sorry to hear about your Cub misfortune. I had a good time this morning with my 782, blowing out my driveway, plus four of my neighbors' driveways. I had much better luck than you, as everything worked great, but I had nobody to take pictures. (My bride isn't very excited about "Cub stuff.")

Weather guessers say we may get more snow Wednesday. I'm ready for some sunny & 75!

Greg, so how much total did yiu get?
Mu Army buddy from '65 said they got around 15" in Hutchinson.
Not even an inch here in eastern IA, not even worth cranking up the 1200 for. But the neighbor did bring his over yesterday afternoon and we filled the tires with W/S washer fluid for him.

David - It's hard to tell how much we actually got. I think the worst of it missed us. We had 3-4 foot drifts in town (bigger out in the country), but the open areas, like my lawn, had "only" about 8-10 inches. Hutch is only about 40 miles east of us, so I guess we got lucky.

I hope this winter weather ends soon; we start losing daylight again in 66 days!
yikes.gif
Yikes!

Anyone put slime in tires on cub cadet or zero turn tires. Good or bad ??

Rodney,

If you are putting it in a tire on a machine that you plan on selling or trading...go for it.

If it is a machine you plan on keeping...the only thing I would put in the tire is a tube.

Just my lowly opinion.

I hate changing tires that had any tire sealant put in them, any size tire. I agree on tubing them when possible.

Latest posts

Back