• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 09, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

syost

displayname
STEVE YOST
This is my first attempt to post a picture. I can't tell you how many knots I have on my shin from this bucket. They do come in handy from time to time.

149530.jpg

Thanks for the help over the last to days. I have figerd out all the models in order new. And I thank my next adishon to the cub famely will be the 122 I like the flat nose and it basicly the same tractor as the 125.

And
poof.gif
it was gone!

Hi all,

I'm in the process of rebuilding the K341 out of my 169, and I am at the re-assembly stage. The engine came to me disassembled and I am having some trouble locating the correct flywheel key. The key slot in the crank is cut to accept a half-circle shaped key, but all of the parts lists I have been able to find show a straight (rectangular)key. Is the straight key correct, even with this half-circle cut out? (I just hope the tranny is good once I get this all back together!!) Thanks.

Nick

The "half cut" key is called a Woodruff key. You can't mix/match them, as the woodruff takes a deeper slot to get it fulled seated. A std key won't fit a woodruff slot.

I would not use ags if you have irrigation -- I have to be careful with my 1250/turf tires,they have a tendency to push the sprinkler heads into the ground.

Vincent, The second picture from the top is the position I had to assume when trying to plow snow with a box store "tractor". One of the others was behind pushing it to get it unstuck! Great pictures.
old.gif

Thanks Larry. I'll go ahead and order the key shown in the Kohler parts list and hope it is a woodruff then.

If the Kohler part ends up not being a woodruff, it shouldn't be hard to get one. They are a common part.

Vincent:
The third picture is a classic - it should be on a calendar someplace (or as a screen saver or wallpaper). Is that your young un' ??
greenthumb.gif

KEN - I've mowed for about 8-9 yrs with My 23-8.50 Firestone's on My 72. I also have 26-12.00 X 12 Firestones on My 982, the only two tractors I have to mow with now. I find they actually work better for mowing since they're so hard to get to slip when climbing hills and turning at off angles. My 72 had 6-12 turfs before I put the ag's on it and I was ALWAYS spinning making big black torn-up streaks in my relatively flat yard.

The 23-8.50 Firestones have more lugs spaced closer together than the 26-12.00's and You can't see the amrks from the lugs in the grass after mowing but You can with the 26-12.00's. But the marks are just the grass pushed down and disappear in a day or two when the grass stands back up. I run a couple sets of weights on My tractors all the time, two pair on the 72 and three pair on the 982. I wouldn't mow any other way. Last thing I heard was Firestone was out of 8.50's and has no plans on making more at this time. But You may be able to call around and find a pair. Firestone has a computer inventory system and a dealer should be able to check inventory for Your whole area.

Got a line on a blade for a Cub. Does anyone know the proper part numbers for what fits what?

I have a 149(wide frame). I suppose it's not all that super critical as I can MAKE it fit(working at a machine shop and having plenty of tools in the garage helps). Just curious to what they changed over the years? Only the cradle part?

Is there an online listing that shows this type of stuff? I've looked at the parts "look up" link, but they don't show the assy part number, only individual parts.

I need part #22 in the image (and 11). Once I find #22 part eleven should find me. My question is what size is this rivet?

149550.jpg

Larry K,

There are two different subframes for IH front mounted blades on Cub Cadets. One is for narrow frame models and the other for wide frame models. The rest of the basic blade assembly are pretty much the same. The quickest way to tell if you have a subframe for a narrow or wide frame model is by looking at the two arms that extend back and attach to the steel crossrod that partially supports the footrest pedestals. The arms for narrow frames are straight whereas the wide frame arms are bent up at about 20-30 degrees at about the 2/3rds point of their length. Hope this helps

Thanks for the information Ron. I was hoping it was a simple difference and easily to tell. I saw drawings in the parts book look up link, but they aren't always totally "realistic". And wasn't sure if that covered all the tractors.

I spoke with the seller and he says it's for a wide frame tractor. He's out of town til this weekend, but I should be able to check it out first of the week.

Richard:
The parts lookup ( just below the picture) sez " Rivet, 1/2 x 1-1/4 F-Hd Solid" .....

Kendell, that is my nephew Nolan. I agree it is an awesome Pic!

Nolan and his dad(my brother) are in the 7th pic from the Plow Day in Montrose, MN in September, 2007. They made the newscast of the local Twin Cities CBS station that evening.

Steve M,

Good find on that 982, but what on earth did the PO do to that poor thing to cause the fender pan foot rests to rust completely away? I have never seen foot rests completely rusted away like that one. Wow! Other than that it certainly has some nice options and would be a good one to restore. A definite labor of love.

After cutting the grass for the second time this year I noticed that my deck is cutting uneven, worked fine last cutting. After looking things over it looks like one of the rocker shaft arms are not in the same rotation. Could it be that I have a sheared split/roll pin?

Latest posts

Back