• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 08, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thomas W., as I mentioned that one belongs to Chris Bennett, I've not seen him post in several years. He had a bunch of Quiet Line Cubs, some were refurbished some were workers.

Scott,
I had a similar issue with my 1450.
Instead of those nuts working loose, I didn't get the snap ring on correctly.
This happened after I had adjusted everything after a resto\repair of everything I found needing attention on a wore-down 1450.
This was my first attempt at anything on a cub.
On my maiden voyage, feeling how much better everything worked, I opened her up ran out and around the pasture a time or two.
Feeling pretty darn smug at my mechanical prowess, turned her towards the shop. Still going full speed, got almost to the door and hit the brakes, knowing full well I just put on new pads and that it would stop on a dime. It didn't stop and continued on into the shop and hit the rear wall. But not before running over the Grand daughters new bike first. Post crash evaluation revealed the snap ring had come off and the cam assembly apparently bounced off the shaft, giving me no control over a runaway hydro.
Total cost of damages: Grandaughters replacement bike, $150.00. My 1450 just some scratched up paint, no cost. My ego and pride, a total loss.
Brad

Scott, OK thanks.
thumbsup.gif

Brad, "My ego and pride, a total loss." that's funny!
roflol.gif
With regards to Cub Cadets, my ego and pride were trashed back when I was 9 and I ran the then, nearly new, 125 into a pine tree and broke the left steering spindle.
blush.gif
Mom and dad were not happy.
bottom.gif

I'm tryng to check the timing on my model 70 and the Kohler manual says there is a timeing sight hole in the bearing plate or in the blower housing. I can't find a plug or sight hole anywhere on this eng. does anyone know where this is or have a picture of it? The manual that I have is the service manual fro the K91 through the K341.

KRAIG - I seemed to have been around Chris B. a LOT @ PD #1, even his Worker Cub's were REALLY sharp looking!

I remember His Wife taking lots of pic's, and somehow Me and the old 72 got into some of them! ;-)

Chris = Last Logged In: March 26, 2010

Art
worthless.gif

I can't talk though , I had to make up a new mail box post today and I have half a beard on my left side. My shirt caught on fire and I could feel the heat and smell it but I wasn't finished welding.
After I looked at it in the mirror and brushed off all the black burnt stuff which seemed to include shirt material in my beard I thought, "I should have took a pic since ppl ask me how I keep it flame proof". I guess it's been to long since I welded and the flame proof wore off.

Telephone company is laying fiber cable and they decided to dig up the water main and run over my mail box ...

Daniel:
188006.jpg

188007.jpg

Once you've found the timing hole, you'll find it's difficult to see the mark - I paint the fire mark with yellow paint.....

Kide thank you for the picture I found the plug its not exatly like the picture but same general location. Thanks again

I hung the 44a deck on my 1450 the other day and started mowing. The outer blades would barely spin, so I pulled the cover off. The idler pulley bearing went out and the pulley fell off. The spindle bearings are getting rough also. So I checked parts online... almost $600 for parts to fix it. That doesn't include blades/ wheels/ etc. to make it "as new". Ouch- I don't think I'll be spending that much on just the deck.

Does anyone know if just the bearings are replaceable on the spindles? And if so, a Timken or someone elses part number other than CC?

I don't want to retire it to just a snow pusher, if I can get the deck in decent shape for less than $200.

Jeff check the sponsers at the top
they can hook you up

I think hes talking about a cylinder head from an engine. Atleast I hope he is.

I new I could have worded that beater. YES I mead the engine head.
rofl.gif
tomato.gif
roflol.gif

Back