• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 07, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike F.-

It's got a 44C deck w/ the extra front wheels that needs some welding and cleaning. I also got another CCC 44C deck, and 2 front blades for it.

Cold today but the dirt was just about right. That's right mini plowday teaser.

54702.jpg

Getting good and deep here

54703.jpg

right side done. Got high centered and stuck
once.

54704.jpg

In my best Roscoe P. Coletrane......"Good News, Good News!!!" USPS finally found it in their hearts to deliver my engine parts...so, I've been busy since I got home at 7:00 this evening. When I quit, the Briggs had the entire rotating assembly buttoned up; the pan, heads, flywheel, stator, and starter installed; new valves lapped and lash set.

Before I go too much further I want to confirm that the Magentron is still making good spark before I button up the rear air ducts and put on the valve covers, intake, etc.

This should clear up the oil burning and hopefully add to the power some too!!!!!

Happy Easter!!! (Bunny brought me some chocolate engine parts!!!!)

CUBGRATULATIONS STEVE....Glad to hear your parts made it...now maybe you can keep up with me and Art this year.....
beerchug.gif
...AT THE BUFFET.....
err.gif

Happy Easter, Fellas!

I've got another question I'd like to pose to all of the 'Great Minds'
worthy.gif
here in 'Cub Land':

On my 127, there is a guard-like plate that mounts via two bolts onto the rear-end plate and rises above the rear-end up toward the seat. This notched flat plate seems to merely block off access to and sight of the top of the rear-end, but does it serve any real purpose?

I'll list a couple guesses I have, but would like the opinions of you smarter guys.

My 1st guess is that it may be intended to shield the rear-end from dirt buildup. However, in actual practice it seems to allow a place for dirt to settle and sit there.

My 2nd thought is that it simply acts as a type of skirt (purely cosmetic, no real function) to simply block the view of the mechanicals beneath the seat & above the rear-end area.

My 3rd guess is that it possibly assists in directing the fan-driven cooling air. Without it, the air would likely pass over the Hydro unit and then straight back over the center portion of the rearend. With the plate in place, it may block the air path, diverting it to either side & possibly blowing debris/dust off of the disc brakes? This idea could possibly be tested if a fella had some sort of a heavy smoke generator and would feed it up under the center of the tractor, allowing the fan to pull it into the cooling air stream and then watch where the smoke goes with the shield mounted and then again with it removed.

What do you guys think the intended purpose of this flat plate/guard is?
confused.gif

Ryan W
beerchug.gif

First question - does it really matter in the grand scheme of things??
lol.gif

Let's think this through. You have to remove this plate in order to use the 3-point hitch. So it can't possibly have any airflow enhancing or dirt blocking qualities. So the only thing left is - aesthetics!

Maybe it might provide some support to the rear end of the tunnel, but I doubt it...

Come on, Bryan McM., I respect your opinion and your knowledge.

However, NO - I suppose it DOESN'T REALLY MATTER in the grand scheme of things. Geeezzz...,
MAYBE YOU SHOULD TELL ME JUST WHAT DOES REALLY MATTER IN THE GRAND SCHEME OF THINGS?
rolleyes.gif

Seriously, I am not trying to pick a verbal fight. I was merely trying to make some conversation here and was wondering if anyone knew if the plate was intended to serve some sort of a purpose...

I'm sorry, I was not aware of the need to remove this plate in order to use the 3-point hitch, as I have never had a 3-point hitch.
I agree with you that it likely doesn't provide any support to the rear end of the tunnel, since it doesn't fasten at the top or sides.

Your opinion of the intended purpose of the plate as merely a function of aesthetics is likely the answer. Thanks for your input.

Anyone else with an opinion?
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

I am the proud owner of a brand new (to me) 1650 even with the directions I can't read the "cotton picking" hour meter can I wire up a new style hour meter and will it be a true hour reading. Thanks, John

John,
CONGRATULATIONS re: your new-to-you 1650!

Yep, I've seen those fancy-dance "cotton picking" hour meters and they are confusing to me as well.

I don't see why you couldn't wire up a new style hour meter. Will it be a true hour reading? Yes, sort of.... as I believe they track run time based on a given rpm. In other words, if you only idle the tractor, the hour meter would read less than 1 hour over a 60 minute period. Whereas if you run your engine at wide open throttle, it would record 1 hour run time in slightly less than 60 minutes.

I'm sure someone else here will confirm/deny my remarks and possibly provide us with the rpm level that provides 1-hour run time on the meter per 60 minutes on the clock. Good Luck!
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

Back