• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 07, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brian B:
Is that intake gasket project on GM junk? That Dex-Cool (orange) coolant is the culprit for that. Have a lot of those problems at work. If anyone has a Chevy you should change out the DexCool to regular green anti-freeze as soon as your warranty is up. Sorry for off-topic. Brian L

Tim,

Ive never heard of that!

I would like to have posi on my cub because on my ranch....Well its not exactly flat so when i have to haul a trailer around and go up i hill i often times get stuck because of one tire spinning

Acasteel I would guess that it could be done. I read about changing diff and axles with early chrysler ones. You have to mill the axle down to fit. Doesn't seem easy though, and then you could find a posi kit for whatever car's diff. I dont care to do any possible milling/ surgery if the cub aint broke. Welding the gears sucks so I guess I'm gonna have to add weight

I was perusing through the latest Northern Tool Catalog today and found an interesting item.
"12 Volt Linear Actuators" Part Number 125010-1705, 125011-1705 and 125012-1705. These look like they may be a replacement for the Electric Lift. Looks to be close to the electric lift.
I may not be the first to post about this, but could not find a similar post. It is on Page 121 of Catalog No. 1705. Prices range from $119.99 to $139.99 and the stroke is from 3 15/16 to 11 13/16 inches.

Anthony-

My 122 has bone stock 8.50 width tires, I think the picture just kind of makes them look bigger than they really are. There Carlise Tru Powers very nice tire for the money I think.

Brian L.

I'll give everybody the low down in the sand box.

Need your opinion. I got a 100 and the motor is gettin tired (Smokes a lil). Should I get it rebuilt or use my 16hp briggs v twin. I would have to notch the frame a bit witch I really would hate to do considering these are collectables

Tim,

I would fix the 10 Horse that you got in it. You get that thing rebuilt and it will run for another 40 years. That and rebuilding it would probably be less hassle than trying to make that B&S fit.

Anthony and Tim,

There is a way to take the existing Rear in the cubs and modify it so that is a permanent full timer "locker". It requires you to weld the spider gears together. I wouldn't recommend it because it is something that can't be undone and then you are stuck with it. Just my .02. I would take a look on the web, i know there is a webpage that details this operation.

You guys are probably right about keeping the origional motor I was leaning towards that decision. It's just killing me to have a v twin sitting around.

I'm sure you can find another use for that engine Tim! Go and look around a bit and see if you can come home with another project to put it in.

Earl I'm not the person to say that to. There have been a few "engine swaps" in my neighborhood. ha ha

Finally got my first red one today. It's not a 782, but it may become one at sometime. Judging by the serial number it was built in May 1980. And of course, it's got a series I that I suspect is bad...we'll see about that after plowday...
54686.jpg

Just got a 1650 with front blade, but missing lift bar. figure I'll make one can anyone tell me the length it needs to be. And would it be best to put turn buckle in middle for adjustment. Thanks John

Looks good from here Matt. Did you get anything else with it? I see the mule drive.

John H.
I've found 3 lengths for wide frame lifts rods to date.
The best thing to do is set everything up and just measure.
You can also search the archives for lift rod and come up with many post on that very subject.
CLICK HERE

The inventor of Cermax, John Murray, is coming to North Iowa and will be doing Cermax demonstrations and testing at the Corporate offices in Stacyville, Iowa on Friday, April 13th, starting at 12 p.m..

Demonstrations will include a number of different vehicles, including, trucks, cars and farm tractors, as well as equipment with small engines, such as chain saws, weed eaters, lawn mowers, etc.

Testing will include gas emission results using a 5 gas analyzer, test horsepower on tractor PTO's, and opacity tests on diesel exhaust.

Food vendor will be available on location.

Come and see Cermax put to the test!

All distributors, customers, and potential customers are welcome to attend!!
Hope to see you there,

Nick & Ed

P.S. If it's practical, bring your chainsaw or weedeater and feel it change in 90 seconds.

Cerma will also be attending and demonstrating on Saturday, April 14th, at the annual Plowday event in Rockford, Iowa.
See more information here : http://www.plowday.net/iowaplowday.html

Awsome! It justkeeps gettin better! Your makin me drool Charlie!
deadat30.gif

I only wish I could go to a plow day. Iowa is a long long way from Ma

Latest posts

Back