• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 07, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
I'm about ready to dig the ole winter hat back out up my way!
54635.jpg

Why didn't you send that along with the snow yesterday ? It's only 8* warmer here than there !!

Got a question anyone know how much a cub 100 weighs? I read that the rearend weighs 150 complete the grill is hefty and I almost died trying to lift the motor.

Charlie, justed noted on specs for the 100 a listing that says 'AMA rating for TAX PURPOSES', Duh???...Whats that mean?? (I'm just a city boy, maybe it means something in the farm area) A.

Brian L.,
If you're changing out the hydrostatic fluid on your cub, you'll likely need about 9qts, nearly 2 gallons.
Here's a link to more info in the FAQ section: https://www.ihcubcadet.com/IHCCFAQ/HytranChange.htm

If you have a IH/Case agricultural (AG) equipment dealer around, you may be able to get it from them for less money than buying it by the quart from your CC dealer.

What I did: I gave my local IH/Case AG dealer a call and ask if they have HyTran Ultra tractor fluid for sale. They did. I asked if I could just buy a couple of gallons. They told me if I brought in my own jugs or pail, sure; it wouldn't be a problem. I took over a clean 5-gallon pail equipped with a spouted lid. They pumped the HyTran Ultra out of their bulk tank and into my pail. I was able to buy it for their bulk-rate price, less than 9$ gallon. They also sold me a good quality FleetGuard #6096 hydraulic fluid filter too. Don't forget to change your filter as well!
thumbsup.gif

It worked for me! Good Luck!
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

BrianL, Ryan W: It's seven (7) quarts...not 9.

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Ryan W :
Thanks for the info. I just changed my Hy Tran (new filter & gasket too). I got mine from the CC dealer because they're a mile from my house compared to about 25 miles to the Case/IH dealer.I probobably could have gotten a better deal at the IH dealer but by the time that I got around to getting up there......
The operators manual for the 125 says that it holds 7 qts of Hy Tran and I got about that much into it. I figured on running it around a little bit to fill the filter, pump, etc. and then re-checking the level. Brian L

Myron B.,
Thanks for catching & correcting my error.
sad.gif

Brian L.,
Sorry for the mis-information.
sad.gif

Glad to hear the fluid change went well with your 125. Yep, just as it takes a while for the fluid to drain out of the axle tubes, past the side bearings, it'll take a while for it to work back past the bearings & back into the axle tubes. I've been told to run it with the tractor jacked up off the ground to keep the load to a minimum while the fluid gets worked back into the axle tubes, although I don't know it that's critical or not. Probably after 5-10 minutes of running and you'll be fine to check it again. Happy Cubbin'!
smile.gif

Ryan W
beerchug.gif

I need help with a 149. The transmission will try to engage while starting the tractor. Once started it works great. I have cleaned and replaces the control valves but the unit continues to move when starting. Is it time for a transmission rebuild? Where can I get the parts required?

Rod, Check your linkage - it might not return completely to neutral when the brake petal is depressed. Try moving the shift lever slightly F or R when starting.

Got the blade off faster than it took me to take this picture thanks to the Cub's quick-detach feature.

54661.jpg

Charlie,

Was that a <u>real</u> I.H. Product or did you knitt that in your free time? lol
shhh.gif

Differential on the 125 didn't look too bad. Just got it a couple of weeks ago so I decided to change the Hy-Tran. Don't know how long since it was changed last but the filter was an IH type with the nut extrusion on the top. Do they still make these? I used a CC filter. Brian L
54664.jpg

Charlie,

Thanks for the knuckle buster warning. Hope its not as bad as my other project. (Intake Gaskets)

54670.jpg

54671.jpg

Just to keep it close to on topic

54672.jpg

Brian,

Im like'n those ags you got on your 125!

I want some for mine.

Are those stock rims? If so what size tires do you have on that?

Looking at the rear end reminded me. Since the cubs have diffs like autos is there or has anyone heard of putting in a diff locker. They got ones for autos that are electric or vaccume actuated. Or even one of those posi set ups that release around corners using springs/clutch

Latest posts

Back