• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 06, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks funny, Ken.

What resolution and type size, ;o)

This is for the PTO bearing-challenged folks. Removal is the reverse of the install procedure.
Email for a hi-res if desired.
34744.jpg

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Charlie,

Awesome! Much better than the one I had before. Very nice. Thanks!

OK, who out-bid me on the creeper yesterday at the ST Anne's auction. I didn't get around to saying hi!

Roland,
I think I'll just let you do the wiring diagram thing since you alway follow up with one of your colorful diagrams after I post a link to cubfaq.com.

Ever think of starting up a website so guys can go find answers?

Dennis,

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the PTO and pulley would need to come of to even slide the crank out enough to work in there.

It was a good thing that I pulled the PTO though, the bearing is pretty close to being shot. I bet a summer of mowing would have been it's death. I'm debating if I should rebuild the PTO, it didn't slip so I may just so with it.

Just got a field update from Travis.
He says the conditions are PERFECT AND TO HEAD THAT WAY!
He also said that they are plowing like crazy so you better hurry if you want to play in the dirt! LOL

MATT - The S/G pulley & the drive hub for the PTO clutch plate are really close to the block but the PTO bearing is supposed to be flush with the end of the crankshaft and the clutch/pulley slide over it. So removing the clutch/pulley You can then slide the S/G pulley over the bearing if it will move. It's the hardest pulley to remove for Me most of the time.... You can't use a puller on the light stamped pulley. I turned My K-301 upside-down and pulled the oil pan to remove My balance gears. Trying to reach in the round hole covered by the blower plate would be tough. The rod bolts would have to be removed before You could move the crankshaft. The PTO friction disc does not like a lot of slop in the bearing, it breaks the little ears off the friction disc. If Your disc is O-K and the clutch doesn't slip just install the new bearing, then the clutch/pulley and go. The book says the friction discs are O-K with up to two missing drive teeth. I've had clutches where the friction disc broke and the pieces wedged in the clutch and they wouldn't disengage..... The current batches of replacement discs seem to be more flexible and that hasn't been a problem for the last 15 years. I break the thrust buttons every once and a while on the engagement levers when removing the belts and the steel button in the clutch gets rough and kills the fiber buttons eventually but they are a durable clutch.

Matt, Denny,
I found that a ball joint separator (aka pickle fork) along with a 1" open end wrench is the ACE way to remove that S/G pulley...

Well the Big Brown finally showed up with door prizes from Mike at T & H Creations.
THANKS MIKE
34754.jpg

34755.jpg

Even through the plastic the detail is incredible!
34756.jpg

Dennis,
Huh, that's funny, I looked real hard at the S/G pulley and I can't see how it could slide over the PTO clutch bearing. Soon as I get a puller I'll get that bearing off and go from there.

Scott,
Never thought of that but I bet it would work real well.

Charlie,
See, I look at that and I think geeze, maybe I should put them back in. Then again that means would need bearings, which means more $$ and the possibility of them going nuclear me...nah I'll leave them out.

I just had to pound the exhaust valve out of the engine (put a wrench on the valve, a chuck of 2x4 under it and then a bit of hammering). The intake valve slopped around in the guide and there no way besides a hammer that I'll get an exhaust valve back in. I guess that means new guides...

Now I just need to get Travis out of the field so he can get my stuff together. :p

Plow Day Update: Ground is very good for plowing today and should be just as good tommorrow. Appx 10-14 acres where plowed today so we left a little for those that will show up tommorrow.

Travis- Tell your wife thanks for the tasty food tonight it was excellent!! Also thanks for having us again.

I hope you guys have a fantastic plow day. I just put Hannah back to bed after her 2:00 a.m. feeding. I did nothing but think of you guys. Drive safe and plow a couple furrows for me.

Jonathan,

Saw some pretty nasty storms out that way on the news last night. Hope that everyones OK.
Hope the weathers great for plow day and everyone has fun.Lots of pictures please
Take care John.

MAN!
What a day!
Once again Travis pulled off another SUPER EVENT.
The tractor count was 176 tractors.
34792.jpg

And there were 77 in the parade round,
34793.jpg

THANKS to Travis and all who attended and helped out.
It just doesn't get any better than today was!

Plow day was a lot of fun. I'd like to thank all who put in the hard work to arrange such a cool event.
happy.gif

Latest posts

Back