• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 06, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was wondering if anyone could post a picture of a 1450 hydro dash. Mine is in bad shape and I'm mot sure what it should look like with all the correct levers and guages. Also, is there a way to find tractor and engine #s on the cubs if the data plates are missing? Thanks

James S,
Here's a couple pics for ya,
34832.jpg

34833.jpg

You lookin to get the info on the 1450 engine?

James S:

The 1450 would have the following information on the Kohler Motor Tag:
Model: K321AQS
Spec: 60291 or 60312

Well I suppose your all wondering who the BIG WINNER was for one of the raffle items at PD11.
Mike Masheris (Welderup)donated a Cat.0 3 point hitch setup, which BTW is just exceptional in it's workmanship and design.
Mike designs them so they can work on garden tractors and super GT's as well.
34838.jpg

And it even comes with instructions!
34839.jpg

OK, I'll tellya.
IT WAS ME!

HEY, WAIT A MINUTE!!!, Who won that again?
groupwave.gif
Atta' way Charlie!

Hello, this is my first post. This site has a wealth of information. I have a cub 86 and I want to hook up brinly style attachments. Has anyone here bought a mtd or craftsman style manual sleeve hitch and modified it to fit a wide framed cub? I a new to all of this so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Brad Lawson

I have a 1250 with a k301. I had some problems at the end of the year with the system not charging the battery. I pulled the voltage regulator and tested the stater per the instructions in my manual. I had 32 volts with the tester set on (AC) so I went and paid $49.99 for a new voltage regulator at my IH dealer. I intsalled it and all was well, the system was charging and I had 14.2 volts dc. After about 20 minutes of cutting the grass I noticed that it was no longer charging and now the gauge was showing discharge just like before. Now is their something I need to check? am I missing something? HELP!!!!!!!

Tom G: There may be other issues (Ign switch, Solenoid, etc.), but you desperately need to overhaul the ground cable system at the battery. 1)Replace the ground Cable; 2)Ensure you have a direct to the frame contact (not that place IH used with the pan sheet metal between the cable end and the frame); 3) Install a 14 Gauge ground wire from the ground terminal of the Voltage Regulator to the negative terminal of the battery. Electricity needs to complete the circuit. Corrosion resistance in the battery ground system creates an interruption. That is most likely why the new battery worked for a while..it was overcoming the resistance in your ground circuit, but after some use the battery cannot overcome 30+ years of resistance buildup.

Myron B (with a 800,1200 & 1650)
CCSupplyRoom

I have a Model 1A Tiller that the grease has seperated, and started leaking. The unit is disaasembled and cleaned. Does any one know what type of grease should be used? I was going to put Valvoline High Temp wheel bearing grease in it. But some days asking a question might same so time doing it again. Thanks Craig

Thank you Charlie and Roland. As always, you guys have all the answers and pictures that are most helpful. They answered most of my questions. However, what is the guage in the top middle of the dash? Mine is so glazed, I can't see through the front...

Thanks again

Charlie, I can attest for Mike's work also. The things I get from him are very nice.

I might add that he makes very good salsa.

Caption time!!

I TOLD YOU NOT TO TRY AND KEEP UP WITH THOSE CUBS!!!
34896.jpg

Man, I shouldn't have ate so much of Mike's salsa last night!!
34897.jpg

James S:

The Gauge in the middle of your 1450's dash is an Hour Meter. See attached:

34900.jpg

Matt, that 128 looks sweet; with a spring assist, 3 point, and Ags, you're ready for the next Plow Day!

I wish I would have known about plow days earlier, I would have come over. Looks like a good time.

(Message edited by blawson on April 10, 2006)

hey anybody, i was talking to a customer today about IH's,and he said theres a swap meet and show at the Kruse Auction place in Auburn Indiana every year,does anybody know the date when they have this? im not to far from there and like to go if they have it this year. T

Craig L,

Go to the frequently asked question link below.
http://cubfaq.com/tillerboxlube.html

Note: There are two styles of gearboxs, early style w/three attachment bolts to mounting plate and newer w/four attachment bolts to mounting plate.

I have used Case/IH 251HEP grease (75%) w/some SAE 90 (25%) added and have had no problems. Any Case/IH dealer will have this. Case/NH/IH has some BP Gear Grease available as well that looks like thick butterscotch. Comes in a quart container, part number is 982-1006. Your Case/IH dealer will have to check to see which dealers have it available as not all stock it. I just ordered two quarts from Ord Equipment in Ord, NE the other week. Hope this helps.

Charlie- Neat pics of PD. I see that your better half cought the better side of the two of us shooting the bull after the parade lap.

Latest posts

Back