• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 06, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mkopishke

displayname
Matthew Kopishke
anthony:

That's not what I wanted to hear... I may just toss the gears then.

Wyatt:

Like I said I think I might just toss them now. I have replaced the drive line already, and it did make a difference so maybe it wont be that bad.

Thanks guys!

Now I just need to get the parts...

Thanks Rick M, On your question! No, but I think I'll take a lot more of my future cub projects up to be powder coated the way that piece looks! Can you guys tell which model that piece fits? I have so many cubs taken apart that it's hard to keep them sorted out!

Someday I'll get back to finishing at least one CCO. I have the engine 98% finished. But first I'll probably put the 108 & 122 back together. Anyone want to come help me?
happy.gif
I have a 122 that is all refinished but in about a thousand pieces!

Paul K,

Depends what type of mower deck you have. The mule drive you describe is for a 44A or 50A mower deck (all three blades same size). The steel arms are twisted so the pulleys are at an angle for the belt to line up with the center spindle drive pulley which is offset from center of the CC. If you have a 38", 42" or 48" mower deck (large center blade & two small outer blades), then the idler arms should be straight and the belt goes straight back to the large center pulley. New pulleys are available from the sponsors above or your local CC dealer.

Thanks for the info on the aux. ports. Wish I could make it to Plow Day but not enough time to get something together, maybe fall. Everybody have a good time.

ANTHONY - I took the balance gears out of My K-301 without removing the crankshaft so it IS possible, just not easy. Persistance pays off sometimes. Just depends how badly You want to stay away from removing the blower plate and having to replace the shim gaskets and re-torquing the rod bolts.

Hey Guys!!!

LONG TIME, NO TYPE.

Is the pipe fitting for the mufflers (like for the 123) still available, or are they NLA?

Please let me know.

Jon

P.S.

WE HAD OUR NEW LITTLE GIRL LAST WED. Hannah Elizabeth and Mom are doing fine.
J

J.L....The pipe is still offered. Get a Kolher part number KH-235692 elbow.

Dennis:

It's not possable on a K341, I just found out the hard way. The bottom one comes out just fine but the top one runs into the extra cast that's there for the starter/generator braket.

So anyway, the crank is comming out. I got stuck since I don't have a three jaw puller to get the PTO bearing off but the flywheel is off and the PTO (&#&$ mud dobbers filled in the set screw holes) is off.

I just wanted this to be a quick rebuild but it's never that easy...

Since I have had such luck having my questions answered tonight, here is an other one,

How long are the "original" dual wheel adapter studs ( you know, the bolts).

(Message edited by jluckey on April 06, 2006)

Cub Cadet 122.
Greeper gear box.
Removal.
How to?

My question is,
Do I have to replace the houseing the creeper is bolted to on the front of the rearend, or just unbolt the creeper, remove gear from input shaft, install correct lenght driveshaft,coulper, clutch conponets, put rearend back into tractor, bolt everything back into place?
OR
Find a different(non-creeper) houseing and use it?

Recived answer to my question.

Where is everyone?

Ah! I know getting everything ready for plowday in Iowa.
Have fun, take your time going, but hurry back with lots of photos.

MATT K. - I haven't started putting My K-341 back together yet I bought two years ago. But it's getting close to the top of the List of "Next Things to do!" Once Son gets His '93 Lightning P/U out of the shop the K-341 is next. Son had a leaking intake manifold gasket so the engine got a new roller cam, pushrods & lifters, shaft mount roller rockers, valve springs, seals, gaskets, timing chain/sprockets, plugs, dist. cap & rotor.
ANYHOW, You probably only have to slide the crankshaft out an inch or so to remove the gear...the PTO bearing wouldn't have to come off. Just slide the S/G pulley over the bearing with the PTO clutch removed if it will move.

Man, Travis can't get any luckier than this!
Just got off the phone with him and it's raining 20 miles north and clear at his house!
34740.jpg

While the subject of balance gears is fresh on everyones mind, an old IH/Cub Cadet mechanic told me of the best way to remove balance gears while in the engine. His method was to take the pan off and get a good quality chisel and a hammer and break them up. I have never tried it, but he insists it works.I have never put a set back in a rebuild and cannot tell the difference.

Could use some help finding a "good" wiring diagram for my 104. I have one, but it's really hard to read. Thanks ahead of time. 60 degrees today!

Jonathan L...the adapter studs are _______________________ long (scaled to fit this screen!)

Charles.....Travis is always lucky. I have several neat items/door prizes for those attending plow day packed and ready to leave the cheddar curtain at 3AM......

(Message edited by kupdike on April 07, 2006)

Latest posts

Back