• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 05, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the info Myron. I've had this for about 20 years and only done PM on it and never any problems. Had the starter/generator rebuilt about 7 yrs ago and a couple batteries but other than that, it's all good. I've put some pics up here in the past but I have a bunch more, both of the tractor and some toys I use with it, front blade, 2 (now) rollers, dump cart it's definitely earned it's keep. I've even started to think about a resto to pay it back for it's service. I'll be around for a long time here.

Still no cub time.. >.< It will happen tomorrow, even if its only getting a little gas and a battery and trying to get it to crank and fire..
OFF TOPIC: Does anyone else love the feeling of making $200 off a $0 investment?

Myron- (or anyone else who knows)
There's always something I've wondered...

"U = US manufacturing plant"

Does this imply that there were other countries that manufactured our beloved little yellow tractors?

Speaking of little yellow tractors. The 169 got it's PTO brake reinstalled, new "butterscotch pudding" in the angle gearbox, lower steering gear 'nice' bearing, new draglink end, and the tiller installed for spring tilling duties.

256751.jpg

Charlie,

Sorry to hear you are snowed in. Ha Ha!
It hit 70 degrees here today. Stacked up the last of my firewood, cleaned up my bike and rode it a little. Next week is supposed to be in the upper 70's, so that can mean only one thing: CUB TIME!
ihrotate.gif

Art,
I was told the "U" just identified that it was built in the USA. They were all built at the Louisville Works/Plant, but since IH did have plants in other countries, and some Cub Cadets were exported or shipped to other countries, I would think the U was used to show that it came from the USA rather than from another country that had an IH production facility.

Charlie

I'd be in trouble. My cub's got the mower deck back on.

Evening all. Besides the actual lift, curious if anyone knows what was added to a 126 for the electric lift? When I look in the parts list I see a guard similar to the one on my 147 but have to find a pic of an actual 126 with any guard whatsoever. Confused as usual. Thanks

Does anyone know if a digital hour meter can be zeroed out?

Art.. That or a similar style IH Kind/Code was used on numerous other IH products. As Paul Bell Stated, IH had plants in England, Australia, France, Germany, Turkey, & India that I know of. There was a country designator for each. The Cub Cadet plate just follows the IH protocol. Also, IH used something similar for vehicle VINs till the Government got on their case....

Good Morning, Everyone!!!
happy.gif

Neat pictures being posted and Charlie P., man do I feel for you. Geez... that is awful seeing you have to still deal with snow. I took the snowthrower off the Keepsake 1650 yesterday after I got home from work.

Yesterday afternoon, I was so blessed when a white car pulled up. Ryan McShane and Janey came over. At first we were just going to see if an engine I pulled from a parts 102 was any good. While they began checking it over one thing led to another and we got Clarence (102) out from hibernation. Ryan and Janey swapped out the bad engine in Clarence and installed the replacement engine. I'll try and get some pictures of Clarence and his "new" engine after bit. Ryan even installed another clutch for me since the original was totally worn out. I'll say this much. These 61 year old bones sure feel tired today and I am very greatful to Ryan and Janey. Clarence fired right up and NO SMOKE of any kind. Good pto clutch on the replacement engine and we used Clarence's S/G and muffler even though the others looked good. We also used Clarence's gas tank and carburetor. I noticed after they left the the PO has the governor to throttle lever spring in the wrong hole. Simple fix. It is fantastic and now I'll put a three point on Clarence and finally have a gear drive Plow Day tractor.

Once again...A BIG THANK YOU TO RYAN McSHANE AND JANEY. (Guys ... Janey is one heck of a gal mechanic. Ryan is one lucky guy.
happy.gif
)

Hey, Marlin.. Or anyone else with a 102.. What batteries do you guys use? (Size-wise and what CCA?) I need to get one for the 102 over at grandpa's.. Problem is, it doesn't have a battery in it and I wanna make sure I get a good one.. Oh, they used only a 12 volt circut on these, right? No 6 volts?

Charles - yes, ALL CC's are 12V. The small "L"shaped terminal L&G batteries were stock from the factory and give O-K service. I'd recommend getting the higher CCA version, the cheap 200 CCA's are too small IMO. The big ones are 300-350 CCA. But with a little measuring years ago I found a Group #26 car battery will fit in the NF CC's with no problems. I just buy a pair of the replacement cable ends and bolt the ring eye on the cables to the 1/4" capscrews on the replacement cable end. Been running my #72 that way for 20 yrs. The current #26 batteries are 500+ CCA. If you run a lot of lights, or other added elec. equipment the bigger car batteries last for MANY years, 5-6 yrs minimum and you never run out of power. I have an AM/FM/Cass deck radio, 8 lights, and frequently run a 12V sprayer with my 72, or pull my lawn vacuum for hours and hours after dark running TWO ignition systems plus all the lights with just the stock 15A S/G and the tractor still starts the next morning because of the larger battery. And I know my amp draw is WAY over what the S/G can put out.

Now I have two discrepancies on the list...
d. springs to screws on grill @565131
m. maintenance minder meter was changed @588841
I have this one. Is it the right one for U612727
256766.jpg

The 1x2/3 series can use a larger automotive battery. I use a WalMart Group 26 battery. Has 450 CCA. You can also use the 26R but put in backwards so that the battery posts do not come in contact with the hold down. Never a cranking problem. Note: the automotive battery and the L &G batteries use different hold downs according to the TC-113 parts manual.

Thanks for the info Dennis and Myron.
happy.gif
I'll probly go with a car battery then.
happy.gif

All: Just for the record the Narrow Frame Cub Cadets came from the factory with ( IH owned ) PRESTOLITE branded batteries.

1) my IH published TC-113 shows NF CCs came with a with a 386 164 -R91, PRESTOLITE 9948x battery.
2) my MTD published TC-113 shows that NF CCs came with a IHPRLU, PRESTOLITE 9948x battery.
3) my IH published PRESTOLITE Battery conversion chart shows the 9948x is a UI battery - the standard 12v Lawn &Garden battery!!!
4) My IH/ PRESTOLITE battery manual shows that Prestolite never made a BCI Group 26 battery!
5) it would appear that the BCI Group 26 batteries installs originated with someone like Charlie P :)-) , or a farmer/owner/dealer fix for cold weather starting in the snow belt.

Hello, I have a question regarding to what I believe is the drive shaft making noise during some startups of my 123. The noise appears to be coming from the drive shaft right under my seat. When the engine is warm (after i had already ran it) it makes a sort of rubbing noise, or maybe a bad bearing noise. I do not know if I need to replace something, or possibly lube something. I am also new to the forum, so I apologize if I posted in the wrong place.

Latest posts

Back