• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 05, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GLEN - I think the # is a SignalStat #525...any autoparts place should have them.
CURTIS - Early K161's only had 2-7/8" dia pistons and the later ones had 2-15/16" but they were both 7 hp... So Yes, if You have a .020" 2-7/8" bore You can probably use the 2-15/16" stock size pistons plus their oversizes. The K181 was the 8 hp engine and they were all 2-15/16" bore but 2-3/4" stroke as opposed to the K161's 2-1/2".

Dennis- I believe that answers my question. I just didn't know if they just increased the bore, or if they also beafed up the block. Thanks. I've still got room for growth in this, using the 2 7/8 speck, but it just got my curiosity up.

Oh,ya. Dennis, that pretty well ID.s which version of the k161 I've got too. Thanks!

Curtis - Dennis forgot to mention that everyone will wait a week before they leave out ;)

Kentuck -

I actually checked my calendar when Curtis commented that everyone should be on their way to plow day. Thought maybe I'd overslept by about a week.
yikes.gif

BTW, is that pic you posted earlier really your 3" pet? I'm afraid to ask, but WTH: It doesn't live in your beard, does it?
worthless.gif

Kentucky,
Knowing that you don't follow the WFM site, I was thinkin that Chris Anton is already on his way down from Alaska, so Curtis is partially right.
thumbsup.gif

Charlie - If I had the $$ for the trip I'd be on my way now too. A stop here and a cold tool there and I might make it on time ;)

Greg - I have no beard. Charlie Photo Shoped that on me. But yes that was in my shop along with several others, they sure make one heck of a greasy spot when a #10D comes down on'em!

Back in January next to my floor jack wheel...
54540.jpg

I've often thought about changing this-
<font color="0000ff">I wanted it all - but I settled for nothing</font>
-to-
<font color="0000ff">I wanted it all - but Charlie beat me to it!</font>

Kentucky - Good gawd! You could build a harness for that monster and hook him to a tow rope next time you you have any engine trouble. Glad we don't grow 'em that big up north!

The hydraulics on both of my 149's will not hold a plow or mower deck up for more than a few minutes after you shut the motor down. Is this by design or are my hydraulics just worn. It's not a big deal as I have had both for several years and just noticed. Thanks.

Back