• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 04, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgross

displayname
matt gross
well as I said it was driving fine down the road and then it just seemed like the brakes snapped on because the.engine bogged out and died. even when it was in nuetral if you let the clutch engage it would bog down. as tho the pto, there is not one on this trator, it just came with the plow

I'm up for a guess that a shift fork broke and it slipped between gears
And is everybody gonna say that it can"t happen while traveling??
Yes because it happened on a 560 that I was operating....locked up the rear end like the brakes where on...
just my 2 cents!!
1a_scratchhead.gif

Attachments

• 1a_scratchhead.gif
    1a_scratchhead.gif
    774 bytes · Views: 143
Ok heres a question. On my 104 after I finish mowing and park it back in the garage I notice a strong gas smell. So I open the hood and the gas cap is venting ,almost like it has built up pressure in the tank . Do I need to think about a new gas cap or is there another reason this does this ?

Hey guys..Do any of you happen to know the size of the rear tire valve stem hole? I have a new pair of 23x10.5x12 turfs mounted with 2 link chains, loaded with inner tubes which are filled with -20 windshield washer fluid. One of tires has gone down, due to the metal valve stem pulling away from the tube..The stems are threaded and have flat nuts that hold the stem in place..I think..I'm just going to use metal valve stems with the rubber sealing washers that are intended on use with mag type wheels, and the fill the wheel/tires with fluid without using tubes.

Thanks for any info on the size of the valve stem holes in the rims
John

Amy, when was the last time you cleaned the fins around the cylinder? It sounds like the motor is overheating and the gas tank is getting hot, expanding the fuel in the tank.

Have you tried cracking open the fuel cap? Does it purge the pressure?

Amy,
If it sat all winter, you may have a mouse nest in there somewhere.
1a_scratchhead.gif

Attachments

• 1a_scratchhead.gif
    1a_scratchhead.gif
    774 bytes · Views: 141
Yesterday I was asked if I was interested in a 102 and 124. I asked for some details. The guy said, "They both run, they have been sitting inside for a few years. We just pulled them outside, $400 for the pair."

Hmmm........think I'll pass I don't see a 102 or 104, maybe its a 105 or 125, and a 106 or 126?

303266.jpg

Attachments

• 303266.jpg
    303266.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 136
  • 303266.jpg
    303266.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 143
I think a 1x4 and 1x6 with mismatched hoods and maybe some other things as well.

Vince, you're going to pass on two running Cubs for $400? Please email me with their locations. I think I might be interested in them...
dunno.gif

Attachments

• dunno.gif
    dunno.gif
    3.5 KB · Views: 141
Earl - it can't be a 1x4 either. There is no "stick shifter" to grab hold of.
biggrin.gif
. Must be a 1x5 since it has the square fenders and quick attach latch but no shifter.

Kraig - you already have enough 1x5 units.
roflol.gif

Vince - do those units come with the pile of snow in the background? If so someone better hurry while it's still there.
drool.gif

Attachments

• drool.gif
    drool.gif
    2.6 KB · Views: 130
  • roflol.gif
    roflol.gif
    4.4 KB · Views: 131
  • biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    419 bytes · Views: 140
I cleaned the fins today after I mowed and looked for anything that might be causing this. So my next step is maybe a new air filter thinking maybe its not as clean as it looks ? I dont see any mouse nests anywhere...but going to check it out the next few days.

Ok heres another question. I noticed the last 2 times mowing how hard it was to turn the wheel. Is it time to rebuild the steering gearbox and replace the bearings ? OR should I look elsewhere ? Not having snow this winter seems to have made me cub need more repairs from sitting all winter...

Harry, it's a 125 with a 102 hood, and NO! I do NOT have enough 125s!!!
Slant Tongue.gif

Amy - now you seem to have 2 issues. Boiling gas and hard steering. I doubt they are related but I suppose there is a slight chance both are a result of the engine overheating.

1st, how bout posting some pics so we can see your engine and surrounding areas.

2nd, how much "back and forth" play do you have in your steering wheel? Have you checked the front tire pressure? Have you recently greased the zerks on both spindles, the axle pivot, and the bottom of the steering column?

3rd, when was the last time you tuned up your engine by changing or adjusting the points? And did you check and set the timing?

Your hard steering could be many different things.

Your boiling gas has to be from heat or over heating. You may have to pull your engine and remove the shroud to make sure the air is flowing from the flywheel up towards and over the head. I don't know if you can tell by removing the tin cover on the head and then running the engine.

You didn't mention if you had any hard or difficulty starting the engine, but if your points are out of adjustment resulting in the timing being off you could be overheating the engine resulting in the gas boiling (or at least overheating). Running the engine continually with the timing off can burn a hole in the top of the piston and you certainly don't want that.

I suppose the overheating could somehow result in you loosing grease from the steering column causing your hard steering - which could damage the column components and not be fixed by just greasing. I think that's a long shot and more likely you have a ball joint, steering knuckle cap or spindle issue. You're gonna have to investigate and get back to us with more details and of course - some pics.

Kraig - what makes you think it's a 125 and not a 105. Because of the dipstick on the cam cover? I think it might be a replacement engine. Looks black at least. And it's missing the air cleaner and cover - all the dust in the air is getting sucked into the engine. The grills missing and the PTO engagement lever is leaning all the way forward so the linkage is probably disconnected. Probably needs PTO work as well. The seat is in terrible condition - you'd be guessing every day what you'd be sitting on. Better offer less than $200.

Hydro,
proud.gif

303270.jpg

I have more photos that Vince sent to me. I have not bought it yet. Vince and his father have first dibs and yes it might not be worth $200.

Attachments

• 303270.jpg
    303270.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 173
  • proud.gif
    proud.gif
    926 bytes · Views: 127
  • 303270.jpg
    303270.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 152
Back