• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 04, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim T.
Check the price of steel today compared to 2 years ago.
biggrin.gif

Greg, thanks for your clarification and photos on the various hitches. I gather from your remarks, then, that a three-point hitch is typically used in conjunction with a sleeve hitch adapter, right? Did IH make a sleeve hitch adapter to accompany their three point? If not, what available implements did IH have in mind regarding the use of their three-point hitch (alone) on the 100?

Denny, YES, they did. I'll have to re-do them and post them this time. I'll have to send'em to Kraig or Charlie tho, as the size will kill'em.

MIKE I think lots of us here would like to see those pic's.!

Hope they have a scale to coorelate color/brightness with temp.

I've seen those pic's on TV of a car that's shut off... BIG hot spot under the hood and the two bad guys sitting in the frt seat. The dead body in the trunk wasn't as obvious!

Rich T the 1a tiller should work the only difference is the width of the tiller.

Click into the manuals at the bottom

Hey Chris Rolke, don't worry what Art says, I think your project looks great. You went a lot further than I did last year when I re-did one of my Originals in IH Red
If I could ever figure how to load pictures I'd show what mine looks like. Maybe Vince can upload one, He was always going to show me how, but I'm not sure I'm capable of learning.
And now hopefully soon I can get it out of its Hibernation and bring it to a Plow day in a couple/three weeks!!!!

Ron (and others),

I have found that the Microsoft Paint program is very adept at changing the size of an image and giving the user almost infinte control of file size. In Paint, if you click on "Image" you can "Resize/Skew" the photo to any percentage you want to. The only computer skill required is know in which directory (folder) you stored the file in order to upload it.

I create a "LoRes" directory (folder) under the folder (directory) in which the picture is stored. I also open up a "Computer" (File Manager) window to view the folder (directory) so I can tell what the results were.

Finally, and this is important, if the resultant file size isn't in the 85-95 Kb range, I back up a directory (folder), re-open the ORIGINAL photo and try to save again with a smaller percentage until the file size of the result is in the 85-95 Kb range.

It is important not to over-write the original. Save with a different name, or in a different folder/directory.

Works for me. Try it!

I'm running Vista, your mileage may vary with your version of Windows.

Steve S -

The gearbox for an IH tiller mounts to the tractor rear end, replacing the lower links of the 3-Point. The tiller mounting arms then attach to the gearbox bracket, essentially attaching directly to the IH 3-Point. But that's the only rear implement I have that doesn't use a sleeve hitch adapter.

I'm relatively new to the Cub game though, so I'll defer to someone else regarding what other implements were made to attach directly to the IH 3-Point. If there are others, I'm sure Kraig has pics!

Anyone else?

MIKE - To borrow a direct quote from my favorite TV personality, "I can be quite amusing."
err.gif

Off onto another topic.... I have been slightly...well, O-K, VERY vocal about not being in favor of fluid in tires and always using inner tubes. Think I've commented of my five "tractors", I only have TWO tires with fluid, both rears on my #1 snow mover. About two months ago, the Sunday of the "Storm of the Century", the right rear went flat. I aired it up, and it stayed up for over a month. It went flat maybe a week or two ago. Now it won't stay up longer than a couple hours. While SON & I had both Farmall's out of the shop this weekend, I aired up both rears on it, and now have a slow leak on the water stem on the left rear on it! I "Think" just replacing the water stem will fix that leak, but I'm afraid the other tire needs a new tube. I haven't seen that tube for over forty-one years but suspect it is something over 57 years old. I priced an "Imported tube" on-line @ $55 plus shipping. Going to see if I can find a "Domestic tube" this AM. I may end up patching the old one!

RON T, Chris R. - The '63 CC Dad traded on the '65 #70 was repainted IH red/white by the dealer back in '65 and sold. It didn't spend much time under the awning in frt of the showroom either.

Having been around red IH tractors, equipment and most IH trucks painted red, I always thought CC's should have been red too.

Here a "look what followed me home post" for you guys. Only had to go next door to get it, and it was free! pretty tough to beat that deal. I haven't really looked it over yet, but not in too bad of shape. Side covers are included also. Neighbor says it runs good until the motor gets hot and then starts running bad and back firing. Throttle shaft or valves, what do you guys think? I would like to get it running right and put I rear lift on for my tiller.
mike

223571.jpg

Here's the Original my dad started with
223580.jpg

Here it is before we loaded for the Plow Day at Glenn Peterson's last October
223581.jpg

It performed wonderfully! I'm sure it will make another appearance at the Plow Day in Osceola, WI in a couple weeks.
223582.jpg

Action shot, or hmmm, maybe not... There's something different about this pic <font size="-1">(No , not the J**n D**re in the background)</font>
223583.jpg

Thank Jeremiah, I'll try this and see if it works.

223586.jpg

223587.jpg

Looks like it works, thanks
Chris as you can see from what I started with,

223588.jpg

I had a project, but it was worth it. I replaced the motor, clutch, wheel bushings, and I don't know what else.
223589.jpg

Well would you look at that!! Great minds must think alike.
Thanks Vince

mike essary

( Neighbor says it runs good until the motor gets hot and then starts running bad and back firing.)

I would look for a nest , I bet its getting hot and that would cause Carb to boil the fuel and the back fire.Before you do anything check and see you are getting a good air flow over the head.should have lots of air blowing over the head and plug area. my .02

Guys I think a RED original could grow on me . They look great RED .Might be nice to paint one of my Originals RED just for fun.
coffee.gif

mike essary

take the breather cover off and pull the hose out of the flywheel cover and see if its clean in there.No nest. Just plain timing could also cause your problem.carb set to lean also.backfire could be carbon also.I would make sure its got good air flow first . My .02

Latest posts

Back