• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 04, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dtanner

displayname
Donald Tanner
223549.jpg

Ready to roll soon .

Was out for a drive yesterday with the wife. Didn't expect to see a Cub along the way! It was great to see. Had dealt with this dealer over the phone for parts, but never was there, always had them shipped to me.

223553.jpg

223554.jpg

Nice to see your getting your tractor back together Don. I bet it sucked not being able to use it for a few days!

Just wondering if the Model 1A will work on the 1650 which I am trying to mount it to. I also have a Model 2 which is seized. Could that be the problem is that I am putting a model 1A on a 1650 and it should have the Model 2. Could that cause the belt to be offset. Thanks

Lip/Denny-
Denny is correct that most Cat-0 3-points do not have downforce, but the SGT's Cat-0 do have downforce, so that could be where you got that thought.

Chris-
The paint looks good, but I think you may have picked the wrong color. Isn't it supposed to be yellow?
correct%20police.gif

Marcus-
When I had my 1450, I tied a small piece of cordage around the knob for the fuel shut off. I found that my hand could fit between the side-panel and the fuel tank to push it in (shut off) and then I would pull on the cord when I needed to open it back up.

I think I tied the other end of the cord off on something inside the console....
1a_scratchhead.gif

Marcus-

I have a 1250 and like you say, the shut-off is a pain to get to with the side panels installed. I don't run with side panels for that reason. I talked to another member about this last year sometime and he just left the fuel on and used the side panels. The panels should be used because it's all part of the engine cooling and also part of the "quiet" in quietlines. I don't run the 1250 for long periods of time. If your shutoff valve works properly you could just leave it on along with the panels and keep an eye on the carb area for leaks/drips. I'm thinking I should start doing that as well.

Aaytay
if i went yellow it would look like your daughters
happy.gif

How about fixing the leaking carb? I NEVER shut off the fuel on my CC's. The big tractors, that's a different story.

I only shut off the fuel on my Original and on my Allis Chalmers 620. I no longer trust the fuel pump on the AC 620 so I shut the fuel off. One time many years back the fuel pump developed a pin hole in the diaphragm and drained the fuel tank into the crankcase. As luck would have it, to make matters worse, it the day after I changed the oil and filter.
bash.gif
Before that event it didn't even have a shut off valve, it does now.

Mike Patterson

You bet it sucks not to have my loader working now. I have bark mulch and fert to haul and spread. Wife has all theses plans for me , funny how they do that (planning).I did bolt the chaine fast on both sides on my Cat O. We had no power for 1 3/4 hrs so I had to run my gen to put power to the drill press lol. I did get it done . Now some seat time .

Wow I thought ART A likes PINK ! for his daughter . Hows the rider comming?

At one time there was someone selling a Cat 0 hitch that you could attach sleeve hitch implements to. You could also use it for towing basic hitch pin type trailers or ball hitch trailers. Can someone post a link or email? I can't find it anywhere. I think they were selling for about $50 bucks. Thanks.

Kraig M., Thanks & YES! I guess I shoulda payed more attention to the originals over all these years!
happy.gif

Denny, re: cooling fan speed and motor temp. Keep me outta that discussion! Ken Weaver thought he had the answer to that but my thermal camera told a different story.
wink.gif
So I'll stay out of that one thank you very much!

MIKE - Did your pictures have some BRIGHT SPOTS on them?
lazerburn.gif

I hit the head & block on the K301 in the 129 with my old RayTech infared temp gun years ago. I bought it to tune gas R/C cars. It didn't like all the Electro-magnetic interference from the ignition system on a Kohler K301 and I had to pay 2/3rds the price of a new one to get it fixed.

SON had just finished mowing on a hot day for an hour or so and the highest temp I saw was 325-350F.

SOME DAY I'm getting gauges on the 72 (been saying that for 4-5 yrs now!) Dave Kirk commented on that topic last summer with some surprising results. If it gets above 85-90 deg F I just don't mow, too hot for the Operator!

Lucas,
Thanks for the link, but that's not the same place I was thinking of. I actually bought one about two years ago that looked just like that, but was delivered, painted and all for $40 bucks. I was looking to buy another one. Anyone have any other links?

Jim T., could it have been the one that Al Zimmereman was making? He made and sold a version that could be had in either green or yellow. Oh, and his also doubled as a 6 pack holder.
happy.gif

223556.jpg

Back