• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 03, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charlie,
I guess being an Engineer I perform better under a tight deadline. Then I don't have all this time to think about things. I just have to make it happen. It wouldn't be plowday if I didn't have a tractor torn down a week before the date.

David - I bet your set is for a JD. All JD Kohlers that I've seen have bigger cranks.

Oh Geez!
Now we're gonna have to go through the ugly off colored Cub pics again.
biggrin.gif

I was painting something a while back with a can of dealer purchased cub cadet yellow. I ran out half way through painting. I decided to run down to the local home improvement store to see what they had. I picked up a can of Rustoleum Automotive Extreme Yellow. It was from what I could tell a perfect match. I painted the frame of my 4 wheeled wagon with it and I am very pleased.
54370.jpg

Terry Busch,

I knew that was a belly mower but i was saying modify it like this maybe?

54378.jpg

Well then quit talking about it, and go build/modify one!

Ken, Im sure you know this but my age is a factor. I work on my ranch and dont get paid so i get very little money.

Since California has a bunch of tight xxx politicians, cheep yellow paint is very hard to come by because they took out all the lead in paint. And if i bought a quart of the right color paint its $119, And i bought a quart of rust oleum for like $7.50 and if i got caught painting lead based paint its like a 500 dollar fee or 2 years in jail.

It really sucks ken trust me.

but i happen to really like the color. I am very happy

maybe one day when i am going to have just a show tractor then it makes sense to spend money into the paint, and i will do so ;]

Anthony,
It wouldn't make any dif who posted that they were gonna paint a Cub with Crustoleum. They would get ribbed about it. That's just the way it is here.
biggrin.gif

Looks like somebody there has the money for paint....judging by the BMW in the driveway..........

Lead hasn't been in paint for years!...and that's not just something they do in California. I know that EVERYTHING seems to cause cancer in California (if you don't believe me, check the warning label of damn near ANYTHING)...but the FEDs banned lead in paint quite a while back.

Paint from a Cub Cadet dealer surely can't be even close to $119/qt!! I'm using DuPont Centari on my 122, and it's not even $119/qt!

Back