• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masmith

displayname
Michael Smith
I have several CC's, 149, 126, 124, 147, and one Original. This hobby (obsession) started with "just one tinker with" about 8 months ago. I have found a running 782 for $300. It looks pretty good and comes with a mower deck. Before I but it, is there anything I need to check for. When I saying running, I have heard the engine running, but not seen it drive yet. I don't know anyone who has one. Any help would be great.

If the tin is good and the engine runs good I'd buy it as long as the hydro works. Even if it's a Series I engine, for that price I'd get it.

Once yoy get your hands on a '82' you'll really be obsessed.

Buy it!

Scott

I got a 782 in sept and it has given me the fever for the ih cubs.I'm new to these great little tractor

Michael,
The 782 is a great tractor with one concern; was it operated on steep slopes or level ground in the past? Reason is this, the 782 used 2 Kohler KT-17 engines, first a Series I then later a series II, a decal on the air filter cover indicates this, also the engine ID tag, 24302 is the series II engine.

The main difference is the oiling system, the series I had a limited pressure lube with splash lube suplementing it; series II used a full pressure lube design just like the later Magnum twins (less oil filter, which can be added)

Expect the series II to provide a longer engine life of course, series I will be OK if used on level ground and with good oil change/maintenance practices.

I have owned several 782's and liked them very much. That sounds like a great price if the unit looks good, runs well and drives properly. Those were some excellent tractors and quite an upgrade over the prior series.
Shift.gif

Latest posts

Back