• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1864 transmission lever

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tcromley

displayname
troy cromley
i have a 1864. there seems to be alot of play in the transmission lever when not running. when the tractor is running seems to be ok when push the pedal the tractor stops. goes forward and backwards ok. i did notice that on the control lever arm the fibre washer part # 923-3055 is not there would this cause alot of play in the lever? tried to tighten the nut up but didnt help . that is when i noticed thefibre washer was not there. thanks for your input

The purpose of the fiber washer is to keep tension on the lever (how easy/hard it moves) but without it you may see some play also. Usually if a lot of play is present, it is wise to examine the linkage for the ball joints being loose. I had the retaining nut come loose on one tractor.

While you have the cover off, look at the hydro arm with the engine off. See that dampener spring between the plates> Inside of that spring is a smaller "slack" spring that frequently breaks. Once a new one is installed I'm sure that you will see a big difference.

Latest posts

Back