• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

127 Hydro problem

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kodi Marshall

Hello! I’m a new member and I am
Currently experiencing some issues with my recently purchased ‘70 127.
It runs and drives perfectly fine and the hydro seems strong although in desperate need of a fluid change 😑, my problem is when In reverse I can push the brake and the tractor will easily return to neutral, but when In forward the brake cannot be pressed at all and the only way to slow down/return to neutral is to manually do it with the drive lever. Hoping someone has some
Idea as to what’s happening? Thanks.

I included a video to demonstrate what I mean.

Attachments

• IMG_8136.mov
    34.1 MB
Kodi, here's a link to the service manual that covers the series that includes the 127. I would start at page 80, (page 2-40 as on the actual page) and review the information. Page 83 (2-43) is where the adjustment information starts, with the brake return info on page 84 (2-44). On my 125s I never use the brake to return to neutral, 5+ decades of not using it has trained me to just use the hand lever.

1x6/7 Service Manual

Kodi, here's a link to the service manual that covers the series that includes the 127. I would start at page 80, (page 2-40 as on the actual page) and review the information. Page 83 (2-43) is where the adjustment information starts, with the brake return info on page 84 (2-44). On my 125s I never use the brake to return to neutral, 5+ decades of not using it has trained me to just use the hand lever.

1x6/7 Service Manual
Thank you I appreciate that!! Yeah im used to only using the lever as well to slow down after owning my share of Hy Drive case tractors, but I would like it to work as mother IH intended 😊
Thanks again!

I have a 129 that does the same thing. I think the slots that the pins slide in are wore in the place they are in when going forward I put some heavy wheel bearing grease on mine and it solved the problem for now but may not last long.

Latest posts

Back