• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1864 Hydro Release

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rgreenly

displayname
Ron Greenly
Can anyone tell me if and where there hydro release is on an 1864. I looked in the manuals section and couldn't find anything. I know i can push it slow for a short distance but I would like to release it if possible to make it a lot easier.}

Ron G. From what I've noticed in the parts lookup your 1864 has the automatic release valves. So, yours are working as they should whereas they'll release the built up pressure for just a short distance however with any movement will soon allow pressure to build up. The only good way to truly be safe would be to literally build a wheeled dolly and put the rear wheels on it so the tractor can be pushed or towed without the rear wheels moving.

Marlin...Thanks for the info. Atleast I can stop looking for something that isn't there. Maybe now would be the time to make some kind of lift for the 122 with the sleeve hitch. Then I could have a 122 tow truck. Thanks again!}

Alan...Thanks! I was kinda thinking of the same thing. I'm trying to figure out how to make a wheel lift like they use on tow trucks. I have a basic idea just gotta come up with the pieces. The link you gave should work just fine for now and I think I have enough to make it work. Thanks for the info!

Ron, found something else, maybe the concept your looking for ! 9th item down...(plus a whole bunch of other neat stuff)
http://www.xtrememotorworks.com/Parts%20Catalog/Cub%20Cadet%20Parts%20List.htm
More info...there is a video of Charlie driving around with that forklift, just have no idea of how to find it. Maybe Kraig or Charlie might know.
Addl info...look at "3 pt equipment&trailers" on left side of site, then 9 down.

Ron this is what I was hunting for, if it doesn't come up with a fork pix go to almost the bottom of the posts..Check the videos! I'm sure you can fabricate a wheel lift from these pics !
whistling.gif

https://www.ihcubcadet.com/forum/messages/106/230247.html#POST178951

Allen...Thanks for ALL that great info. That xtrememotorworks looks like it could be addictive! Lot of cool stuff plus gives me a few ideas.Thanks for the links also.

Ron G. Be sure to post some pictures when you've finished your project. I'm sure there are others that have the same problem that you have when pushing a Cubbie with the automatic release valves.
happy.gif

Marlin..That's my plan to have pics when i get it all figured out. Hopefully i can do a few from start to finish.

Hey everybody...Thought i would post a lil update on the 1864 saga. Well my tow bar/hitch project has been put on hold for a while, BUT I did manage to TOW it with the 122. I put my 2" ball mount on the 1 point hitch, lowered the lift handle, chained that to the rear axle of the 1864 and pulled the lift handle and the rear wheels came up about 2" of the ground. Towed it to the shop in the back yard(1864 was in my enclosed trailer out front)so i could start working on the 1864 wiring AGAIN. After 2 days of tracing wire colors,reading schematics and taking my time, I have finally gotten the engine to crank. All the safety switches seem to be working,dash lights are good,and tail lights are glowing pretty! Hoping tomorrow I can put some gas in it and hear the motor purr.
err.gif
Then it's on to the PTO clutch which needs a different wire connector and for some reason I need a spacer for the front of the clutch. The crankshaft sticks out about an inch to 1.5 past the clutch.
bash.gif
But that's another mystery to solve. Hopefully I'll have some pics of it soon to post. Thanks to all that have coached me along the way on this project so far!}

Glad you got it Ron! Leme kno if your needing help n the future. Email sent!

Ron G You're making progress. AND using the BEST thing in the world to get your Cub Cadet up and running like it should. And that is patience.
happy.gif

Trent...Thanks!! Email sent to you this morning.

Marlin....I was beginning to think PATIENCE was gonna run out. Wish i could've got some pics on here of the PO's butcher job. Haven't learned all the downloading and uploading with camera and programs yet, waiting for the wife to show me all that good stuff. I'm slowly running into a few other issues as i try to put this project together but I don't think they will be as major as the wiring is/was. Until the next update...still wrenching!!}

This is for all the CCC gurus. 1st..can anyone tell me the year of my 1864..Model# 14A-684-100 s/n.890465..Mfg Date..B06862. I think it's a 1996. 2nd..does anyone have a pic or instructions on how to install/stack a 2nd hydraulic lift valve. I have a 2nd valve and all the piping from the graveyard 1864,just don't know what or how to put the 2 together. Any help on this is appreciated! Thought maybe now would be the time to add it considering I'm still putting the project together.

Ron: In 50 YEARS OF CUB CADET Hank Will (He's the guru, not me) says #889001 - #899,000 are 1997 serial numbers.
happy.gif

Thanks Frank...The only thing I could find was supposedly the 5th digit signifies the year which in that case mine is a "6" and qualifies for being a 1996 but i really don't know. Guess it could be a real late 1996 but having some 1997 parts.}

Ron,

Not a bad photo, but a tad smaller than it could be. The Forum allows for 600 High by 800 Wide, although I have better luck with 480 High by 640 Wide (VGA or TV mode). The file size is limited to 100 KB (which some folks consider ridiculously small). Yours came up at 27 KB when I saved it to disk, with a resolution of 300 Wide by 225 High.

Keep trying, you'll get it.
smile.gif

Jeremiah...Thanks for the photo info! That was my 1st photo to the site and I had to learn a lot to get that far. Now I have the numbers I need to try to post some better pics. Next time I'll try your 480x640 and see how that does. Thanks again!

Back