• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1863 Sleeve Hitch

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wwesterfield

displayname
Wesley Westerfield
Somebody put me back on track, what sleeve hitch do I need for an 1863? seems to be several to choose from and I don't understand the parts that I need. Looking at purchasing a tiller and or a disc.

The 1863 was designed to use a Cat."0" 3 point hitch which will accept some tillers and disc attachments, as well as many other implements. There is also a sleeve hitch adapter (A-frame) which allows you to use the sleeve hitch type attachments.

I hope Kraig will pop in here with a pic or two. He can illustrate the item much better than I describe it. I would look to Xtreme Motorworks, one of the fine sponsors of this site, for more information. They make an excellent 3 pt. hitch kit as well as attachments, including the sleeve hitch adapter I mentioned. Simply click on the colorful links above for their website.

Wesley, you can get CAT-0 implements that will hitch directly to the CAT-0, 3 point hitch. However, you'll need the CAT-0, 3 point hitch first. To adapt the CAT-0, 3 point hitch to use sleeve hitch implements, you'll need the A-Frame adapter. Here is what the A-Frame CAT-0, 3 point to sleeve hitch adapter looks like. Also a couple of photos of how it's attached. In this case it's mounted to my AC-620 and is being used to pull a 10" Brinly sleeve hitch plow.

212936.jpg

212937.jpg

212938.jpg

I'm afraid to show my ignorance but I don't have the lift arms (three point hitch) on my tractor that will attach to the A-frame adaptor. Is there an adaptor for the adaptor? all joking aside, I guess I need some...lift arms?

Wesley, What you need to make that a great working machine is a Category 0 3 point kit - that will give you the complete lifting kit. Then you will need a A-Frame (like the white one above) that will go on the 3 point and allow you to use all the sleeve hitch equipment out there, plus you will ba able to use all category 0 3 point equipment also. You can see all this stuff on my web site - www.xtrememotorworks.com

This is the 3 point kit:
212959.jpg

This is the A-Frame:
212960.jpg

212961.jpg

I figured I needed something like that but hadn't seen or heard any talk about it. Thank you for the help.

Back