• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Sleeve hitch box blade question

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Wheeler

Looking at a briny bs-381 sleeve hitch box blade for my 1450. I have whatever comes on the tractor I just got with the tiller. What all would I need to run the box blade with all the parts I already have? I’m not sure what all is part of the tiller and what is part of the sleeve/3 point hitch. I haven’t looked myself yet. Thanks in advance.

Looking at a briny bs-381 sleeve hitch box blade for my 1450. I have whatever comes on the tractor I just got with the tiller. What all would I need to run the box blade with all the parts I already have? I’m not sure what all is part of the tiller and what is part of the sleeve/3 point hitch. I haven’t looked myself yet. Thanks in advance.
Post a pic of the rear of your tractor.

Rear end pics

Attachments

• IMG_5467.jpeg
    IMG_5467.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5468.jpeg
    IMG_5468.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5469.jpeg
    IMG_5469.jpeg
  • IMG_5470.jpeg
    IMG_5470.jpeg
No idea what that 1st picture is of, but the others are all part and parcel of the tiller mount.
I do not see any lower three point brackets as they are, again, part and parcel of the tiller mount/gearbox support.

This what the IH 3 point consists of.

1686335434952.png

I recently added a brinly 42" box blade to my Cub 149 and it works great. You may want to consider getting the larger 42" version, the extra couple inches past the rear wheels is very handy and is good to "swing" it when turning and get into places where the rear wheels can interfere with. Hard to explain but it works well!
Here's some pictures of my setup.

Attachments

• 20230427_090023.jpg
    20230427_090023.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230427_093118.jpg
    20230427_093118.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 0
He's got all that. First picture shows the gearbox bracket and the lower 3-point bracket. All he needs is one of those extended sleeve hitch adapters from Xtreme Motorworks so he doesn't have to take off the tiller gearbox and he is all set to go. That and get some proper clevis pins to replace that eye bolt...

I recently added a brinly 42" box blade to my Cub 149 and it works great. You may want to consider getting the larger 42" version, the extra couple inches past the rear wheels is very handy and is good to "swing" it when turning and get into places where the rear wheels can interfere with. Hard to explain but it works well!
Here's some pictures of my setup.
I agree on the 42”. The deal is on the 38” and for the price difference, I’m not sure I want to double my cost. Because now I want to spend twice as much to get a new 42”. Thanks! 🤣

He's got all that. First picture shows the gearbox bracket and the lower 3-point bracket. All he needs is one of those extended sleeve hitch adapters from Xtreme Motorworks so he doesn't have to take off the tiller gearbox and he is all set to go. That and get some proper clevis pins to replace that eye bolt...
That’s what I have assumed/figured out by the others pics. Off to extreme motor works it is! Thanks

I'm going to post this as a new thread but I'll add it here also. I bought one of those aftermarket sleeve hitches and I had issues with it bending which this box blade and cinder block. After a few hours I'd run out of adjustment to get the box blade to raise off the ground. The pin went from 90 degrees up and down to about 50 degrees, pretty wild. Here's some modifications I made to strengthen my sleeve hitch after bending it back straight. Ain't gonna bend anymore!😂

Attachments

• 20230519_082412.jpg
    20230519_082412.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230519_082358.jpg
    20230519_082358.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230519_083015.jpg
    20230519_083015.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back