• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

International tiller questions.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Wheeler

I have a tiller lined up for my 1450. What do I need to know about them? Functionally speaking. I want to make sure it has everything with it and what it needs to work on my tractor. Is it worth me getting? It looks in good shape. I haven’t had time to deep dive myself, yet. Thanks.

Check out the manual sections here for more info.
Are you looking for a #1 or #2?
The #2 is a 42" wide unit whereas the #1 is narrower but can be made wide with a LH and RH extension which will make it as 42"
Make sure you get the mule drive, the long belt and the rear belt guard as well as the gearbox, very important!

Be particular about removing weeds, string, wire from around the shaft at the chaincase. If the seals on those bearings go, you are in for a rough time. Getting the shaft extensions off, if they've never been removed, is ugly. (#1 only) then you start on the bearings. My #1, with extensions, didn't have any way to add lube. It does now, after being apart! Hint: if you don't have an electric grease gun, what worked for me, was a heavy plastic bag with the corner cut off. Works like a chef's pastry bag. Oh, yeah, a hydraulic press is essential, too.

Back