• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1811 on Machine Finder

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T-Mo

displayname
Terry Reed
I might go look at this one:

http://www.machinefinder.com/ww/en-US/machine/909732

I know it has a lot of hours, but the price doesn't seem bad. And it's not that far from me. I have been wanting a slightly newer Cub Cadet to use as a mowing machine. I have a couple of 2135s, but this one should be a better machine.

Its looks like it'll clean up real nice. As long as the engine is in good shape that's a decent price.

I sent them an email (actually two emails) asking for better pictures (the ones on Machine Finder were dark) and asking if it was still available. That was Wednesday and I haven't heard anything, so I was all set to call them. But today I got an email with these two pictures in them. I wanted to go this Saturday (March 6) but my wife's aunt died yesterday so it looks like we will be going to the funeral tomorrow (Saturday, March 6). I'm hoping it's still there next Saturday.

186363.jpg

186364.jpg

Terry
Walk right by that 1811 and get the 445.
You'll never be sorry!

Jerry,
The 445 would be great - but I doubt if they'll take what they're asking for the 1811 for it.
bash.gif

I used a 445 with a loader a year or so ago, what a dog that one was. It had a slooooow ground speed compared to my Cub Cadet 125, and it seemed underpowered. The loader seemed weak compared to my AC620 even though the specs for both are about the same. Granted it was used and perhaps had some issues. It was a trade in at the JD dealership where my brother is the parts manager. He borrowed it for an evening to do some landscape clean up around his house, basically loading trap rock mulch that he was removing in preparation for new landscaping around his house. He's not as good at operating a loader so he asked me to help. Who am I to turn down an opportunity to play with a loader tractor.
proud.gif
Prior to this experience I liked the JD445. That piece of Junk Deere could barely lift a half full bucket of trap rock high enough to dump onto a flat bed truck ~4 feet high.
angry.gif
Probably just needed a hydraulic fluid and filter change.
dunno.gif

I *DO* like this JD however. Now if we just had a loader for it...

186366.jpg

Kraig, Terry
I haven't looked at any of the X series but that one sure looks nice. I only mow with my 425 and personally think loaders are for four wheel drive tractors only. My 425 except for the Kawasaki time bomb (plastic cam gear) has been bullet proof, 13 years old and still going strong. The 445 would be step up from that.

Jerry, Terry, after looking again at the loader specs., the #40 loader for the 445 is not as close a match to the AC620's Ark 600 loader as I thought. I recall at the time I used the 445 I had compared them and remember them as being fairly close in specs. The #40 loader is only rated for 215lbs at full lift height and 350lbs at 36". The Ark 600 lists 650lbs for the lift capacity but does not list a height for that. FWIW, the loader specs. for the X585 are 640lbs at 36" and 365lbs at full lift height. And yes, I know this thread was not about loaders, was just going off on a tangent.
angel.gif
This still doesn't excuse that particular 445 for being a dog...

The X585 in the photo was purchased by my parents in 2005. My father passed away in 2007. I'm just about the only one that uses the X585 now. I use it to mow my mother's lawn and for clearing the snow from her driveway and around the barn. I also use it for maintaining the food plot I put in at the back of the farm. The snow blower for the X585 is awesome! The 4' KingKutter brush mower works great too BTW. Front weights are a must, when that photo was taken we did not have them yet, soooo, I was a human front weight/brush guard while my father mowed the trails through the woods at the cabin property that day.
icon_eek.gif

Latest posts

Back