Kirk Engines, Inc Cub Cadet Used Parts CADET CONNECTION Cub Cadet Specialties Cub Cadet Specialties

147 hood latches

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Forum:

Robert Allison

IHCC Supporter
The hood latches on my147 won't latch down. My question is do they wear out or do I have something out of whack? I have adjusted them up and down. Does anyone have some insight before I get with Digger to get some new ones?

dschwandt

IHCC Supporter
displayname
David Schwandt
What's going on there Bob?
Are they just stretched out and hanging loose when latched or what.
If that's the case, a little more padding under the hood where it touches the dash panel is in order.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Yeah they're hanging there loose instead of snapping down,hood ratting is driving me nuts. I'll try that when I get home,thanks Dave.
Yeah they're hanging there loose instead of snapping down,hood ratting is driving me nuts. I'll try that when I get home,thanks Dave.
Replace the rubber hood bumpers. ;-)
That foam window/door seal from the hardware store works good for that.

1629984888611.png

Robert Allison

IHCC Supporter
Looked at the hood when I got home. I had used that weather stripping as a bumper so I doubled it up. The latches still don't snap down but the whole thing has snugged up well enough that it doesn't rattle anymore.

lpalma

displayname
Lewis Palma
# 4 is the part where the hood rest, loosen the 4 bolts and it moves up and down.

Robert Allison

IHCC Supporter
Ahhhh #4 the part...you'll have to excuse me I've been up since2 this morning I'm not thinking clearly right now 🤣 No I haven't but that's my next move,thanks!

displayname
Harry Bursell
Robert - that part #4 in the diagram is the hood support bracket. If you move it up to much your decals will be out of alignment :)
I'm actually thinking the hood latches have slotted holes where the mounting screws go, so you might be able to adjust them a little. But I could be wrong. :)

jfischer

displayname
John Fischer
The hood latches on my147 won't latch down. My question is do they wear out or do I have something out of whack? I have adjusted them up and down. Does anyone have some insight before I get with Digger to get some new ones?
Or you could do like I did and remove the latches and install a piece of black automotive door edge protector that makes a snug fit when you close the hood and also stops all the rattling noise. See attached pics.

Attachments

dschwandt

IHCC Supporter
displayname
David Schwandt
Or you could do like I did and remove the latches and install a piece of black automotive door edge protector that makes a snug fit when you close the hood and also stops all the rattling noise. See attached pics.
Eventually that stuff will wear right into the fiberglass dash panel If the firewall piece is not adjusted to the hood so the hood is not touching the dash itself.

Take a look at nearly every 82 series where there is no adjustment and the dash panel edges are nearly worn through or mostly missing