• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

147 Cub Cadet how Do I find out what PTO rebuild kit is correct?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
0404221618b_Film1.jpg
Nick I found a pic on my phone of my PTO before I put it in, I know it's just a pic but I don't see anything different from yours. When you got the right spring you also got a different checking tool right? And all I can think to ask is if you resurfaced the clutch and plate as mentioned earlier in the thread?

I just checked it and it is right. the clutch does turn by hand when the clutch handle is engaged. but when I try to start the tractor the the blades are turning. and I hear a squeaking noise, does the pressure plate need to wear in to free it up?
are you being properly supervised by Shop Dog? it sure helps to be!

IMG_6008.jpeg

Success! I took the PTO apart hit the surfaces with the 80 grit, re-assembled, set the spring with the gage.

put all together and fired up the tractor!
the PTO stayed disengaged until the lever was activated!
Cut the lawn with no issues!
went through the 2 week high grass with no effort!

You guys are wonderful for all the help and advice!

Thank You!!

8.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
5.jpg

Success! I took the PTO apart hit the surfaces with the 80 grit, re-assembled, set the spring with the gage.

put all together and fired up the tractor!
the PTO stayed disengaged until the lever was activated!
Cut the lawn with no issues!
went through the 2 week high grass with no effort!

You guys are wonderful for all the help and advice!

Thank You!!

View attachment 155636View attachment 155637View attachment 155638View attachment 155639
Good deal man!!!! :groupwave:

Latest posts

Back