• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

147 Cub Cadet how Do I find out what PTO rebuild kit is correct?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
at least I know the PTO will come off easier than the first time. Thanks to everyone for all the help, I was wondering why the spring was different. I assume the other parts in the "Kit" are the same.

I just ordered the other style from CC Specialties...
Thanks for the order man!

Before you put it back together, get some 80 grit sandpaper, lay it on a flat surface and use some elbow action to clean up the casting and pressure plate to get rid of the hard spots in both. Get a good crosshatch pattern and you'll be good to go.
1696858549251.png

So after 50+ years I expect some wear on this pulley arm, that being said, how much is too much. I think this is contributing to the belt coming off.
I can cut the weld on the rod holding these arms in place and either weld a bushing in place on the arm or make a new arm? any suggestions?
As always Thank You.

image0.jpeg
image1.jpeg
image4.jpeg

Attachments

• image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    16.4 KB · Views: 0
I recently went through all the correct steps to rebuild one of these PTO clutches….. EXCEPT for genuine CC friction material… the off brand stuff “EBay” is a crap shoot & you will most likely get burned in the long run. My FleaBay friction material held up for 2 months. Slippage became worse & worse. Thought I had adjusted incorrectly… Pulled clutch & used adjustment tool…. NO it was adjusted correctly. CHEAP friction material just wouldn’t “grip”.

I recently went through all the correct steps to rebuild one of these PTO clutches….. EXCEPT for genuine CC friction material… the off brand stuff “EBay” is a crap shoot & you will most likely get burned in the long run. My FleaBay friction material held up for 2 months. Slippage became worse & worse. Thought I had adjusted incorrectly… Pulled clutch & used adjustment tool…. NO it was adjusted correctly. CHEAP friction material just wouldn’t “grip”.
Not to mention that you probably didn't resurface the casting and the pressure plate.:cry:

okay I have the "correct" spring on and set up with the gage.
put it all together and no matter where the Clutch engagement handle is the PTO is engaged.

Help... what am I doing wrong.

IMG-8392.jpg
IMG-8393.jpg

I just checked it and it is right. the clutch does turn by hand when the clutch handle is engaged. but when I try to start the tractor the the blades are turning. and I hear a squeaking noise, does the pressure plate need to wear in to free it up?

Latest posts

Back