• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1110 hydro PTO

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

mmicklos

Hello everyone,I'm new here and I hope I'm in the right room.I just received 1110 hydro Cub Cadet 36" cut but it didn't run.(By the way this my first tractor.)Well after about and hour I got it running warmed it up road around the yard with it.Runs good real good..Then I went to engage the PTO and it stalled the engine, time after time after time.Then the next step was to drop the deck.Okay, did that checked all the pulleys and bushings making sure everything turned freely.I put new belts and sharpened the blades put the deck on started it up went to engage the PTO and it stalled again.I have no ideal what it could be at this point.If there is anyone out there that had a problem like this, what could be the problem and how could it be fixed. I be so greatful for any help.

Thanks, Mike

If you go here MTD Manuals you might be able to get an operators manual. Do you engage the deck with the engine at full rpm's? I think the newer ones suggest that in the manuals.

Also check the belts are on right. I was using our churches 2165 and thought it was working awful hard. Looked things over and found a belt off the idler pulley. It was running on the rod right beside the pulley. I know it wasn't doing the belt any good but it wasn't frayed. It has lasted all summer so far.

(Message edited by emcmahon on September 18, 2005)

More likely a bad PTO bearing which is locking up the crankshaft to the PTO housing....Not likely what you wanted to hear, but to be sure, remove the belt to the deck and turn on the PTO again. If it kills the engine again...its the PTO bearing...BTFM!!!...then read it...then fix the bearing problem. Been there, done that...
Myron B

Thanks for the help guys.I will try what you have suggested then I will post again when the tractor is fixed or if I run into any other problems.I'll be sure to BTFM and read it inside and out.Once again thanks for the help.
coffee.gif

Mike

Attachments

• coffee.gif
    coffee.gif
    10.8 KB · Views: 132
All fixed guys!! thanks, had to buy a clutch works great.
thumbsup.gif

Mike

Attachments

• thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 128

Latest posts

Back