• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1020 Hydro no power?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amcconville

displayname
Andrew McConville
I have a recently acquired 1989 1020 hydro lawn tractor. It was leaking oil badly so I replaced the crank case gasket which was in pieces. When I put it back together, I decided to replace the drive belt and the 32 in deck belts. After reassembly, I have almost no power when mowing up a grade or slope. Also, the hydro speed lever wants to move towards netural (slow) unless my hand is on it at all times holding it in place. This has a 10HP B&S industrial/commercial engine. Is this just too small of a machine for my yard since it is sloped? Is there something that I can adjust to prevent the speed selector from moving while under load?

Thanks!

Andrew - Welcome to our little neck of the woods.
You notice the "Cub Cadet Parts Lookup" button above ? There you can put in your model number and find a parts breakdown of your Cub.
Looking at it I'd say that parts 3-7 are worn/loose causing it to slip down to neutral on ya.

Look Here

Try to tighten up the nuts.

Latest posts

Back