100 with carter N carb

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ole80grit

displayname
Phil
I have a 100 with a carter N carb. recently purchased and not running right. I have play in the throttle shaft and want to add a bushing but my search is only coming up with Koehler carb bushings. anyone have a source for the carter N ones?

I have a 100 with a carter N carb. recently purchased and not running right. I have play in the throttle shaft and want to add a bushing but my search is only coming up with Koehler carb bushings. anyone have a source for the carter N ones?
I've got throttle shaft bushings. ;-)
1587527241167.png

CAUTION!!
Be sure and file the "staked" portion of the tiny screws off flush with the shaft before attempting removal or they will break off in the shaft and then you really will be screwed!!

Then make sure the new ones are properly secured when installed, I usually bugger up the protruding threads with a small vise grips and also use a dab of thread locker as well.

You DO NOT want these little buggers backing out and getting sucked into the combustion chamber and causing havoc.

Good Luck!

Latest posts

Back