• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

100 exhaust

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Leaming

What fittings would be best to use on my rebuilt engine? Someone suggested a1”street 22 1/2 degree bend wit a one inch nipple. I’ve searched and searched and came up with nothing on the 1” street 22. Thanks

If you want to use the original round pot style muffler then you need a short piece of 1 inch pipe with a slight bend. You could really probably bend one yourself from about a 3 or 4 inch pipe nipple. The correct Kohler part number is KH-235194. I bought one about 15 years ago, but they are now listed as NLA new. You could tell all it was is a piece of bent pipe, and honestly it wasn't all that well bent. You might be able to find one NOS or used if you look around. I'll try to remember to get a picture tomorrow of the correct setup, but this is what someone had rigged up on my 100 before I changed it. If anything this cobbled deal had too much bend to it.

765020-R1-09-15A.JPG

If you want to use the original round pot style muffler then you need a short piece of 1 inch pipe with a slight bend. You could really probably bend one yourself from about a 3 or 4 inch pipe nipple. The correct Kohler part number is KH-235194. I bought one about 15 years ago, but they are now listed as NLA new. You could tell all it was is a piece of bent pipe, and honestly it wasn't all that well bent. You might be able to find one NOS or used if you look around. I'll try to remember to get a picture tomorrow of the correct setup, but this is what someone had rigged up on my 100 before I changed it. If anything this cobbled deal had too much bend to it.

View attachment 142238

Sorry I didn’t thank you sooner, I have been on the road all day. I really appreciate it!

Why not just use a 1" 45 degree street elbow and then a 3" or 4" pipe to get out from under the hood? Or use the 2 or 3" nipple, 45 degree elbow, and 2 or 3" nipple into the muffler like in balbrecht's picture above?

The last 70/100 (said 70 on hood but 10 hp.) I bought had a muffler like the 124 used. But it may have been an unfortunate combination of CC parts.

one part missing...... and that's a locking ring which is partially visible in the pic with the two 1" nipple pipes and a 45 deg female bend. The locking ring sits against the engine block and locks the first 1" nipple to the block. Its partially hidden under what could be a blob of welding (??). Now while this locking ring is not essential, it makes later removal, for whatever reason a bunch easier than just winding the first nipple in to refusal.

It's a sturdier version of an electricians locking ring to a conduit box, with ~8 tabs to be knocked round to tight with a drift and ball-pein hammer, gloves and glasses. (humouring the fastidious)...... Fit locking ring to nipple and run all the way to the thread stop, tighten nipple to hand tight and then just a little, then run the locking ring against the head and tap to tight, fit 45 deg female bend and muffler side nipple and bobs your aunty.

gets an extra point from the lab-coat and clipboard counters

Here are the pictures I forgot to get yesterday. I didn't have a lock ring on this one, although I do typically put one on. It fit so tight that I didn't bother and it's been fine for 15 years. Anyway the pipe was between 4 and 4.5 inches long before it was bent.

Attachments

• 20210227_113300-1680.jpg
    20210227_113300-1680.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 209
  • 20210227_113307-1680.jpg
    20210227_113307-1680.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 199
Here are the pictures I forgot to get yesterday. I didn't have a lock ring on this one, although I do typically put one on. It fit so tight that I didn't bother and it's been fine for 15 years. Anyway the pipe was between 4 and 4.5 inches long before it was bent.
You can get a lock from most any plumbing shop, Home Depot, Ace

Back