• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Yellow 782

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stritle

displayname
Steve Tritle
I just bought a yellow 782 that will be delivered at thanksgiving. Is there really any difference between it and my red 782? I don't have any year information as of yet.

Sad thing is, I am trading off my red 782 for this yellow one. I bought the yellow tractor for what I could buy an engine for. I had this red 782 since I was about 12 years old. There is a chance I can get it back someday, just don't have the space or cash to keep both. I can't watch an old friend sit and rot when I know she'll get a full restoration elswhere.

Steve:

The Red 82 Series was originally designed and produced by IH. IH sold out in 1981 to CCC. When CCC acquired the Cub Cadet line, one of their offerings from 1981 through 1985 was to offer more options to the Cub Cadet Line. One of those options were, that the IH dealers could still get the Red models, while the dedicated Cub Cadet Dealers would be offered the traditional Yellow & White version.

Myron Bounds could further offer more in depth details.

thumbsup.gif

Howdy...not a good pic, but here is my 782..they must be on sale! Bought it a few weeks ago..heheh...runs great, replacement motor!...I sure thought it was worth $300....this is one you missed Chris W....via Mr. Woods...LOL
70454.jpg

Steve T:

Roland gave you a short accurate gist of the Red vs Yellow/White 82 series. When you get the serial number for the Yellow/White one, then post both serial numbers and then Roland, I, or others can give you some more information in the differences in the two machines, if any...

Myron B

Ol Red has this serial number:
2050601U729499

New Yellow has this number: 700657

Thanks for the help.

70838.jpg

If I remember the serial number breaks correctly, the yellow one should have an iron rearend while the red one will have a aluminum one. It may also have a series I engine instead of a series II. But I'm not totally sure. Those are the only differences I can think of other than the obvious paint color and decals.

Steve T:

The Serial Numbers for the CCC built Cubs started with 700,001. So you have an early CCC built Cub and Yellow & White to boot.

thumbsup.gif

Thanks guys. I was surprised at the early serial number. This gem has a Series one engine in it, which was disappointing, but it will do.

It also does not have brakes, like the red one did. I may have to remedy that someday, but for now, it's a work horse, not a toy. Putting the snow blower on (a recent purchase for the red one) was a chore, so I need to come up with a better way to do that in the future.

Steve T.-

I bet that has an iron, internal brake rearend in it. Your Red one probably has external brakes.

Yeah with that serial number on the yellow one it probably has the internal wet brakes.

Instead of another thread Ill hijack this one lol

Here is my new to me 782,,got the series 2 engine hoo hoo

high hours but no smoking issues

294160.jpg

294161.jpg

294162.jpg

294163.jpg

294164.jpg

Looks good Jeff....you'll like the 82 series!!!!!

Hey, Jeff was that 782 from Polo Il. If it was, saw that one too. Nice find!

Steve, thanks

Chris, yes and I feel good about the trade.
I got a running 782 that I can use and he got a non running 2072 donor for his 1872.

And I didn't have to drive anywhere.
You and Mike know how I like to trade stuff, lol,,

hey wait Tom knows also,,,, Im still using those weights,

I saw that 782 listed & tried to get it too....beat me to it. Looks nice.

Jeff,
Nice lookin' original 782. Looks better than you described to me. And a series II, that's a plus. No questioning the trade at all. Would've done it myself over and over. Wonder how that would look sitting in my garage?
wink.gif
Nice snag, buddy!

Ok I have taken over this thread with my late of 1984 CCC782

Here are some pics, she is a dirty girl in some of the pics there is a 15u and cub cadet filter under the crud.

the oil was like black water, i changed it and plan on doing it once more after a few running hours.

take a look at the pics and comment as you feel fit.

I will need help someday as this is my first 82 series.

a series 2 engine has been confirmed hoo hoo

294461.jpg

294462.jpg

294463.jpg

294464.jpg

294465.jpg

Latest posts

Back