• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Yellow 782

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
whats your preference on fuel filters for this 782?

I use the high flow Kohler/Briggs clear with yellow paper element on the inlet to the fuel pump (free flow , not pressure style).

Need some help with my kt17 It starts up with the choke pulled and 3/4 throttle and will run fine for a few seconds and then stall, doesn't matter what I do with the choke and throttle. And restarts the same way.

I changed the fuel filter to a high flow and verified fuel pump operation. And am leaning towards a carb dis-assembly and inspection/cleaning.

What do you guys think

It's most likely the carb. Pull it, disassemble, soak in cleaner, wash in hot soapy water, reassemble. If it is a Kohler carb pay special attention to the long main jet needle....there are 2 tiny holes in it that are often plugged......if they aren't open and connected to each other (blow through one, feel the other), it won;t transition between speeds.

Not a bad job.......and once done, it's good for a long time (provided you use fresh clean fuel
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
)

I use a Fram G3359. It has a Right angle Outlet so it makes it fit very cleanly on the Gas tank side of the firewall. Just the gas line is seen on the Engine side of the firewall.
296451.jpg

Latest posts

Back