• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Yellow 782

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and a few more

294489.jpg

294490.jpg

294491.jpg

294492.jpg

294493.jpg

Wow Jeff,
She's dirty.
a_blink2.gif
I'd pull the fender pan in the spring and give her a good power wash. Then it'll look like new. Looks like it had the normal fuel pump failure and the PO put an electric fuel pump on it. I've seen guys do that before, no biggie. Some guys just run them as gravity fed as well. Keep the tank full and she'll run fine.

Nice snag, nothing a bath can't fix. You stole that 782.
correct%20police.gif
happy.gif

Jeff she is a dirty girl but will clean up this spring with a good power washing,I have a cast iron yellow and white 782 with series one also.
greenthumb.gif

30A fuse? Yikes. Might as well not have one; I think the wiring will probably melt before that fuse blows. Is that for the electric fuel pump in the same picture?

Matt, Yes it is, what should I put in there,
Thanks

10 would be plenty, 15amp if not 10.

I can't imagine it would draw more than a couple amps. 5A or 10A would at least blow before the wiring melts.

Jeff a 10a fuse where that safety switch is bypassed would be a plus in case there was a short in that circuit. Should plug right into those terminals where the jumper is. Just my 02c.

Nice score man. She will polish up nicely.

I was thinking 30amps was a bit much too, cause I'm not even sure the electric system MAKES 30amps. I think it's more 17-18 of useable amperage.

The heads lights are going to pull WAY more amperage than that pump anyway.

Thanks for the input guys, that's why I posted pics, i love this place..

This should be better, I did not have a 5 amp, but will pick one up if you think I should

Hey Matt stick around we like your input

294514.jpg

BTW, those fuse holders come with a 30A fuse installed, so the PO likely just didn't bother to change it to something more appropriate for the tractor wiring and application......

So whats better the electric aftermarket or a good oem, incase I find one or this dies?

Aftermarket mechanical ones are my current preference. They're about $40 or so. I don't think they are available locally for you though- I bought them from Tulsa Engine Warehouse, and kept one on the shelf as a spare all the time just in case. I ended up needing it for the 782 I brought to Kansas with me.

took a picture just for the heck of it, can't wait to put her to work

294990.jpg

Lookin' good Jeff. Can't remember, but is it gonna be a mower or just a blade tractor?
1a_scratchhead.gif

And I bet you're not missing that 2072 one bit are ya?
err.gif

Useable tractors are soooo much better than the "someday" projects.
Pretty solid looking rig in the daylight Jeff.

100% agree with Rick, and a 782 is a great worker!!!!!

Latest posts

Back