• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

WWII Farmall H

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you Marlin! Very sorry to hear about your situation. Surely someone here could make that H happen and give it a good home.

A few from the other day. Mag came back so I had to install and check things out. Tractor is starting pretty well by hand but could be better I think but that may come in time. So I got the no. 8 out and checked it out and greased it up. The plow needs new points and have the clutch torn down and cleaned but seemed to work well otherwise. Also got the pto shield back on and managed to see the temp gauge move, finally, with the shutters closed. Oh, took a picture of plug #1 while it was out of the hole for verifying tdc, looked pretty clean.

323187.jpg

323188.jpg

323189.jpg

Brian, looks like you went plowing! I see soil on the shares and the tires.
buttrock.gif

EDIT: Go Connie, whoo hoo!
Shift.gif

Connie,

Next time grab 5th gear and leave dad standing there wondering where you went!!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Went for a little spin hoping to catch a friend and find some ground. Tractor hadn't run in two weeks and fired on the third crank (by hand). Here is a few pictures. Hope to get the video link posted soon.

323387.jpg

323388.jpg

Thank you Kraig! Its off of my new Go Pro knock off. AKASO from Amazon, it was around $60 with shipping and had a bunch of accessories, two batteries and a dual battery charger. Not to bad I thought. Video is not quite as impressive with the tractor in road gear but I'll try to post the link with that in a few minutes.

Put away for the winter. AArrgggg!(In my best Charlie Brown voice) On the bright side though, did manage to find a generic positive cable that looked a dead ringer for the original.

324060.jpg

Brian, looks good. I had a quick look back to see what your H looked like a year (or as close to a year as you posted) ago. You've done a bunch in the past year! Well done!
thumbsup.gif

Kraig, Mike: Thank you! Can't wait to have it finished but I did leave some things, so there could be future projects, nothing major though.

Don't really have any thing so I snapped a picture of my new positive cable. Woopdidoo.

324423.jpg

Don't sell yourself short Brian. Every part or piece is a move closer to the end of this journey. And thanks again for sharing the ride with us!

No problem Mike. Been a life long dream to see that tractor run and it's very satisfying to see it coming together. Really wish I had the original 35mm photos of the tractor in its original resting place where I used to play on it as a kid.

Brian,

Any time an old tractor or piece of equipment is restored back into use (no matter at what level) is something to be proud of!
I think it is a fantastic thing to be able to see this take place!
Super nice job Brian!

Latest posts

Back