• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Wrong color 782 *and* converting an 1810 to an 1811

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgonitzke

displayname
Matt Gonitzke
Went to go look at a "Cub Cadet 782, bad motor" advertised in the local paper today. I was expecting to find a red 782 that I could fix up, but it turned out to be this:
29100.jpg

The price was right so I bought it anyway. The engine is seized:
29101.jpg

and it's missing a lot of parts, so I'm thinking of removing all the hydro lift parts and putting them on my 1810.

And now for a few questions:
1. Any idea why this thing won't roll, even with the release valves working and brakes disconnected?
2. Anything I should do with the hydro unit and assembly while it's out of the tractor, before it ends up in the 1810?

Thanks! I'll probably think of a million more questions later.

If the hydro pump is good, I would just look over everything really good. You will need to take your fender assy off the 1810 and pull the rockshaft as you will need the rockshaft assy from the 782. I converted my 682 to a 782 so if you have any questions just let me know. I think converting would be much easier, it only took me about one weekend.

(Message edited by agitch on July 09, 2005)

does anybody have a pic of a lift rod setup for a qa42a snowthrower on a 1811? getting mine ready for the winter.
thanks

Ok, Charlie, here you go. You can go back to the other picture to look at it until it disappears.

By Matt Gonitzke (Mgonitzke) on Sunday, November 27, 2005 - 11:32 am:

Do 682's and 1810's have ported pumps? I was looking at the pump in my 1810 and saw these:

The dimensions of the charge pump and implement relief valve are the same as the 782 parts unit and 1450. So.....is it safe to say this is a ported pump, or is there another way to tell?

Matt G,
The 682's all came with a manual lift FAIK.
The 1810 did too. Hydraulic lifts dint come out untill the next series, the 1811.
BUT! That's not saying that your 1810 didn't run down the line close to the 1811 production time and they threw in or had a bunch of the 1810's left over and just plugged the holes for the lift ports as you show in the pic.
32553.jpg

Matt,

You do have a ported hydro, it should be capable of hyd. lift, but you may have to modify the charge pump relief etc.

Kraig,

Can you post the service manual on the 169 for converting to hyd. lift.....should detail the relief valve changes required.

Thanks for all of the help. 1810 is now an 1811. I'll test it once I fix the %*^$ M18 starter...

$%^&%$ M18 starter.....BTDT & bought the T-Shirt, just last week as a matter of fact.

You could fart in the vicinity of that $%%^ bendix drive and have it stick!!!!!!

Back