• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Why won't replacement 16x6.5-8 fit where Cub Cadet labeled tire fit?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrwood

displayname
James Wood
Upon suggestion by Cub dealer, I bought front tires for a 2185 from a tire store. They are the same size as the original tire when comparing the numbers. 16x6.5-8. However, the replacement tire is noticeably larger and rubs the side panels terribly when turning, esp, when axle oscillates. Anyone run into this? Must I buy $80 tires to fit? The original tires say Cub Cadet on the side.

All tire manufacturers tires end up a little different. Is the tread on the replacement tires a lot deeper and a sharper shoulder than the original tires?

Even full size car and truck tires can have the same numbers on the sidewall and actually measure different section width and OD.

Latest posts

Back