• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Wheel identification

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgonitzke

displayname
Matt Gonitzke
Is this a rear wheel for a Cub? It has an "IH" symbol and a number on the wheel center.

151222.jpg

If not, what is it for?

Matt, Just from the looks of it I'd say yes. What's the size?

It's a 24" wheel but I can't remember the width. I'll look tomorrow when it's light out.

Farmall A's & B's had 6-bolt hubs. Seems like the Model A got a cast iron wheel on one side and a stamped steel disc wheel on the other side to help stabilize the tractor also. I checked My Letter Series Originality Guide by Guy Fay but didn't see that mentioned.

SOMEDAY....I'm going to find a model A in baskets & boxes and Build a "REAL SUPER GARDEN TRACTOR", four-speed transmission, heavier rearend & transmission that will take some REAL horsepower, Might almost be easier to start with a C. I went to a farm sale down by LENA, IL. (west of Freeport, IL.) about 20 yrs ago that advertised three Farmall C's or Super C's. I get to the sale and there's only two lined up with the equipment. The third was disassembled and stuck in cardboard boxes on one of the hayracks of small items. I guess the sale bill should have said "Some Assembly Required" on that one!
lol.gif
Looked like everything was still there too.

Sorry Guys...

Didn't look close enough at the bolt pattern. Your eyes must be better than mine.

blush.gif

Latest posts

Back