• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

very unusual wheel treatment

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary noblit

IHCC Supporter
This a giant mystery to me !! Recent acquired 149 front right wheel has 4 -1/4 in. nuts welded to rim,inside and out.yep 4 in 4 out..Does anyone have a clue what might explain this..even a wild a. guess would be interesting

Attachments

• 20231025_183416.jpg
    20231025_183416.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
but... they are inside also ??
Well inside or internal curb feelers. then my guess is some sort of attachment point for homemade chains or cable, for use in the snow and ice? He couldn't turn when having a heavy snowthrower hanging on the front, he had a welder and an idea?

I am trying narrow 4x8 tri ribs on the front of my snowthrowing 149 this winter. Actually I am hoping to get it ready then just take the snowthrower off in the spring. Hoping for NO snow in western Wisconsin this winter lol

once upon a time i did some not dissimilar mounting points on my daughter’s bicycle for the purpose of neighborhood holiday parade decorations. weren’t welded-on though.

Tony, that's a new one to me ,maybe that's the point...but still only one wheel
One wheel? hmm, I assumed it was both fronts.
Yes, the front chains help that sideways push you get when pushing heavy snow. Even if you take a small bite it can push you sideways. I ran a chain zigzagging threw the center of the ladder chains to help even more. On my 10000lb backhoe, I have chains Just on the front.

Attachments

• IMG_20211222_115848.jpg
    IMG_20211222_115848.jpg
    277.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20210107_142450.jpg
    IMG_20210107_142450.jpg
    282.9 KB · Views: 0
Yes, the front chains help that sideways push you get when pushing heavy snow. Even if you take a small bite it can push you sideways. I ran a chain zigzagging threw the center of the ladder chains to help even more. On my 10000lb backhoe, I have chains Just on the front.
I have been using front tire chains with a snow thrower on my 149 for years. Wheel bearings didn't last long so I converted to Timken type bearings .

I have been using front tire chains with a snow thrower on my 149 for years. Wheel bearings didn't last long so I converted to Timken type bearings .
I was looking at that too. I have wheel barrow tires on a trailer I made. Better bearings would help it. I feel the Flange Bearing are kinda crummy.. Especially when getting side pressure. Driving perpendicular to a hillside slope.

.My AG tires out front stopped the sideways push.
Jack

Latest posts

Back