• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

what year is my 105 cub cadet ?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That number don't look right. The serial number should be on the lower left of the back side of the tranny. Here is a pic of where it should be.
The blue arrow is pointing to it.

DSCF4150 (2).jpg

David
Thank you so much and after viewing the chart I can see where that serial number fell right in that time slot. I very much appreciate your help in the verification process in order for me to continue my search for any replacement parts, although the tractor runs just fine now, I intend to use it to mow 1 acre of grass.

Make sure the deck is in good shape w/blades that are sharp and belts that are in good shape or even new and properly adjusted.
Spindles that turn freely and are greased.
Check the deck carriage for damaged, worn or missing parts and that it hangs freely.
IMHO, These decks are meant to hang from the carriage and not run on the ground excessively. The wheels, runners and/or rollers are there to help it clear any high spots to prevent scalping and not constantly run on the ground.
Proper setup and deck leveling will assure a nice clean cut in most applications.

If the deck looks as good as the tractor you should not have any issues.
But in many cases, they are overlooked in the quest for the perfect looking tractor and not even used or restored.

Great looking unit you have there, enjoy!!

I have posted no pictures yet, not sure what you are seeing ? I have to get to my wood shop now, running behind from shopping on ebay for owners manuals, found some specifically for my 1968 tractor and hydrostatic tranny. I`m all set now, thanks.

That is what happens, you start seeing things when you get old! :roflol:
Couldn't resist that one.
At least it was yellow and white you were seeing. ;)

Yeah man, I know!!
At least I am still seeing the right side of the grass!!
Must have thought that picture of your beauty was what Tim had!!
Oh well, what I said in my post still rings true.

Copy that Marty. At times I have to use a magnifying glass instead of my readers. I look forward to restoring this tractor to it`s former glory. My grandfather who used to sell these cub cadets would be proud. I still think the older models hold up better once restored. I don`t intend to show it, at shows, or sell it. I intend to mow with it as long as I can climb up onto it.

One of my often made statements: "Don't worry, it gets worse." :errrr: I noticed the older I get, the more I say that.

Tim,
It don't have to be fixed up to take it to a show. I see them all the time with their "original clothes" on. To me, they just look nicer with a shiny coat of paint.
I don't knock mowing with a cub. I don't like mowing much, so I got a commercial zero turn. Much much faster. Plus it gets too hot around here to be outside in the summer.
I just like to fix them up and look at them. I also like to ride them on occasion.

Latest posts

Back