• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

What do you ask for at Christmas time?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mpatterson

displayname
Mike Patterson
1a_scratchhead.gif

So I need a little help this year. Its that time of year that I need to make up a Christmas list of "idea's and/or suggestions" of what I might like for Christmas. This is something that has been done in my family for as long as I can remember. If you didn't get your Christmas list in by a certain time - you risked getting Reindeer Dung on Christmas morning in your stocking!

So besides asking for another Cub or any attachments for one. What would you ask for?

I have the newest book that was released on the list - just need to find the correct tittle. I also have a tachometre & a torque wrench on the list. Is there such a video out there that goes through the history of IH tractors in general? Somthing showing the factory and the assembly lines the way it used to be? The good old days!

I am at a loss now to be honest. I am picky in the clothing that I wear, so I can't really tell someone to go to the nearest IH dealer and just grab me a sweater.

Any suggestions?
popcorn1.gif

Temperature meter. I use mine a lot more than i thought i would.

Temperature meter? OK, I'll bite....what the heck you use that for and what's it look like?

Tom,
I think I would agree with you....but its more fun to open a gift on Christmas morning instead of an envelope. Heck, I open envelopes every day when the mail comes in - but those are always bills! lol

Christmas gifts may be found on some of the sponsor sites, unique items you never got for yourself but after a 2nd look you think, hmmm, that would be great to have
ihrotate.gif

Just remember to be thankful for all the blessings you have; family, faith and friends, a good job and a roof over your head. Being able to enjoy our hobbies in a free country that many fought and died for. Those are the best gifts of all.
ps> I hope you get some kewl new toys!

Jim i should have said digital non contact thermometer. For checking temp of your engines. Great tool if you are having problems with overheating. I destroyed a 13 fin K341 before i bought one.

Working in the woodpile today I decided a pair of calked logger's boots might be nice. How's about a gift certificate to a place that sells them (oh, ye of pickiness in clothing).
happy.gif

And I thought all Canadians were born with a chainsaw and steel toed boots!
happy.gif

The River Drivers wore calked (or corked) (or spiked) boots to help them ride the logs. Evidently they're not too common today, as I'm having a hard time finding them on ebay (my favorite reference site). A little help, here?
Mike, guaranteed to drive your family crazy finding a pair!
happy.gif
happy.gif
_
happy.gif

1a_scratchhead.gif

Can honstly say - "I didn't know these were out there??" I will ask...isn't is a PIA to have your pant legs tucked in like that all day long? I understand it is for safety to begin with to have them tucked it, but also to make life easier while wearing the boots. BUT???? I do like the spike idea! Works great in the winter when cutting for a long time in one spot - tends to get a little SLIPPY!!!

I like cash (who doesnt)
drool.gif
, cub parts for my never done 1466, blue jeans, and cowboy boots as Im always wearing and in turn wearing out jeans and boots. What I really want is to eat great food until I feel I may explode and spending time with my family.
angel.gif

I too have pondered corked boots, theyd be handy on the inevitable ice the shady spots my drive and sidewalks get in the winter, perhaps a tire shop that studs tires can stud the bottom of your favorite boots? My local SWAT team has one operator that has studded boots for certain operations, and our fire dept has em too.

Glen, there are a bunch of places that have slip-overs with various kinds of metal bottoms for slippery situations. Your family would have a fit if you walked in with those woodsman boots!

bottom.gif

Yes, Christmas dinner might be a little AGRESSIVE if you walked in the door with them boots on! I guess that is one reason why they banned steel spiked golf shoes around her a few years ago!?
1a_scratchhead.gif

MMMMMMm......Christmas dinner - I know where your coming from on that one! Eat until your just about to
explotar2jr.gif
Is there anything better? Then you have to gather around the Christmas tree to open presents all the while your sitting in agony because you went back for another helping! OMG!
facepalm.gif

I have a set of chains for my boots that I use in the winter for hauling in my firewood and general walking around my yard. Due to having a gravel driveway I have to leave a little snow on it or the snowthrower throws all the gravel into the yard. So needless to say my driveway is slippery hard packed snow all winter long. Come spring, or a mid-winter thaw when it melts and refreezes it's like a skating rink. The boot chains work great.

Mike, if youre me, its more like rolling over to the tree after your third helping, and after all thats been eaten...it almost is like we didnt eat a thing, seems my family loves over cooking, but hey, lunch for the next week premade is fine with me!

Allen, they already have a fit when I leave my shoes on (clean or not haha) Im sure the studs would only add to the mud issue lol

Kraig, boot chains, cant say Ive seen em, but, that sure sounds handy, especially on your ice-rink driveway, it gets treacherous when Im carrying in firewood in armloads above my face, I see with my feet and ice...well you see where its going. I should really fix my canvas carryall, or maybe Santa will get me a couple HD Klein collapsible lineman's buckets that the utility company's here let hang from there trucks pintle hitches.

I tried the boot chains when i worked at the power co. Had to pull then off because sticks were hanging in the straps. They sure work great for ice and snow. We had power lines that went across woods and fields we had to walk to and repair. We would duct tape our pants legs to the top of boots to keep the snow out. Wife bought me some heated socks for Christmas and they work great except batteries don't last very long.

Back