• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Welder

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GERRY - Nope, No Joy for SON getting a welder. He really doesn't have a shop to put it in yet. Before the Holidays he bought a BIG Craftsman stainless steel 41 inch wide tool cabinent & top chest and has it showcased in his LIVING ROOM. If he got a welder it would probably end up there too!

I was in the shop yesterday and checked my elec. service panel, and I have a 50A, two 40A and one 30A 220V outlets. My big 7-1/2 HP compressor runs on a 40A, the elec. oven to cure powder coat runs on the other 40A, the M-M 185, Hypertherm 625 plasma cutter, & Dynasty 200 run on the 30A, and the 50A is sitting idle but the old AC 200A buzzbox is right there. SON & I discussed how he could wire a Synchrowave. I think he'd have to tap directly off his service panel with a dedicated switched fuse box hard wired to the welder. I don't think I've seen breakers that big.

Gerry, we're gonna need an update on that CC bone yard...

Oh, and don't forget -->
worthless.gif

Though the photos of that should probably be posted in a different thread...

I lucked out on the garage - separate 100 amp service from back when my dad's mobile home was there. I ran the feed to the welder using three pieces of #4 insulated grounding cable from mainframe computers - this stuff has finer strands than welder cable. IIRC the breaker for my 200 is a 50 amp.....Haven't struck an arc in 16 months...

Kraig - I'll see about pics, have to check the place out next couple of days..

Latest posts

Back