• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Way to spend a Saturday.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bborchers

displayname
Brad Borchers
Ok, now what kind of fool I can be. I took my family on a day trip to the Mall of America. Three teenage daughters, wife, and I in the Expedition for 5 hours one way. I've driven in Minnapolis and the suburbs many times so I wasn't to excited or worried about getting there. This was to be the wife and girls first trip to a town larger than 80,000 people and thought it would be fun. Was fun watching the sensory overload on the faces of the girls when we got to the mall, LOL. Actully found a parking place quite easily, for a Saturday. We spent 7 hours walking the mall and shopping. That is more stressfull than rush hour on a Friday. Not much hair left and it is now all gray. The drive home was the best part, everyone was sleeping, except me of course. Stopped in Worthington, MN around 11PM and was greeted with a police road block. A small town(Brewster) north of Worthington had a bean plant explosion and was evacuated, thank goodness no one was killed. Got home around 1:30AM. We quickly unloaded the truck and went straight to bed. Now I think I earned my wings in heaven. So how did you spend your Saturday??

Shopping for 7hrs.! Shoulda' dropped the wife and kids off and done some shopping (
greenthumb.gif
) of your own.

Well Brad...neighbors had a great party to celebrate college graduation of their third child. We ate and drank, and ate and drank. Then I came home and watched TV and drank to celebrate some more. Went to bed at some odd hour... I found I can't party the way I used to... even coffee isn't helping too much today...so I guess I'll go sit in the sun and hope the alcohol just boils off!! All that riding only to be diverted by a bean factory gassing off. I thought that only happened to people !
clappy.gif

Spent my Saturday at work. one of those fantastic 11am to 8:30pm shifts that just seem to ruin your whole day! I swear it was waaaaaaayyyyy too nice to be stuck at work! I would have rather been working on the 104 or playing golf!

Brad - I drove past that plant on Friday afternoon on my way to Norfolk, Nebraska to visit my son-in-law. Spent Saturday just bummin' around Norfolk, then back home today. Drove past that bean plant again and wondered what had happened - obviously a fire of some sort. Thanks for fill in the blanks. And thanks for shopping in Minnesota. Your sales tax is greatly appreciated!
clappy.gif

Spent my Saturday cleaning up where i had been building flower beds. Then went and finally got two cubs out of an old barn and hauled them home. Then went to a surplus store and picked up some cub stuff from his catch all bin.
152214.jpg

Spent Saturday (and Sunday) building the exhaust on this V-Twin Cushman Eagle. Stainless is "fun" to work with... Trying to get it ready for the Nationals in Charlotte - at Lowes Motor Speedway. I started with a bare frame, the engine and a transmission from a later model, so everything has needed design and fabrication. Time's running out....

152217.jpg

Kide my offer to help with machine work wasn't based on money just offered you a machine shop to help with your project. Perhaps you didn't get my Email John

John - never thought that - I can't break the forum rules by telling you that you have been sent new e-mail.... (I just made a pointed remark about that last night), but I will say, I'm not ignoring you
clappy.gif

Rained here most of the day, I spent the time cutting a section out of the rear fender (it was set up for chain clearance on the left side, the rear sprocket is now on the right) and welding in a piece from another fender. Butt welding sheet metal is "fun" also, had to use copper backers where there were holes needing to be filled.. Maybe I'll post a pic later..

Spent the day with my great nephew showing me how to wrench on a tractor and drive a tractor and check on the garden. James is 4 YO and a handfull. He drove until he went to sleep, then wanted his mother to take the tractor back to Iowa with him.
152999.jpg

153000.jpg

153001.jpg

Couldn"t have had a better day.

Luther: Tell James he should start out with a narrow frame -- of course I have to suggest your 123.
bubbly.gif

A friend brought over his 125 that has sat out for the past few years. I think I found a reason to shy away from Walbro carbs. It's a replacement engine and the inlet needle valve is hopelessly frozen into the bore.
153038.jpg

With a spare Carter and some new gas the old girl fired up and we went for a ride.
coffee.gif

Frank; He drove 6 different tractors but liked the 128 because he liked the loud exhaust. He called it hot rod.
On the carb issue. I bought a 124 and the guy said he drained everything before storage of 5 years. I put gas in it and it fired on the second revolution. So i think all gas should be drained before storage.
153044.jpg

FRANK - I've seen plenty of parts, brass ones even, frozen into Carter carbs on Cubbies. I don't like the WALBRO carbs but they're just made out of "Pot Metal" or diecast like about everything else.
I think it's the time spent out in the elements unprotected that causes the problems.

Dennis: That last sentence is the absolute bottom line.
thumbsup_old.gif

FRANK - Yep, It's really SAD some people have so little respect for machinery that they leave it set outside unprotected for years.

All the years DAD farmed there were only a couple things He left outside, like the hay rack, and waterwagon for hauling water to the hogs in the hog patures during the summer. EVERYTHING else had a place uder roof either at home or at the other place We farmed that He & Mom eventually bought and lived on for 34 yrs.
Even the miderable old JD B spent most of it's time under a roof. We never could find anything to do it was "Good" at so it sat taking up shed room. It wasn't even a good "Parade Tractor even after I repainted it, Road Gear wasn't fast enough, You'd have to have run the thing in reverse, Road Gear was about 4-1/2 mph, reverse was about 6 mph.

Yesterday was good. Went to Crossville to tractor show.
153457.jpg

153458.jpg

153459.jpg

153460.jpg

OH that little crawler tractor is so nice, but I bet it would raise hobb on a nice lawn! Still I would love to drive it around if only for 15 min.

Spent some time at a yard sale saturday. Paid off prett good. Spent very little money.
154333.jpg

154334.jpg

Spent my Saturday playing midwife to a breech delivery on one of my goats...not real enjoyable, but if you take on the resonsibilty of caring for God's critters, you hafta be there when they need you. Never thought when I was a Firefighter/EMT that I would be giving CPR to a baby goat.

Latest posts

Back