• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Newer Toy/ Look what followed me home

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

csrussell

displayname
Chris S. Russell
About a month ago my wife found an ad on Facebook for a Cub Cadet 2155. She showed me the pictures and I said to see if we could go look at it. Saturday we went and looked at it and it liked me so much it followed us home.
It needed a new tire and a pto switch. The new tire went on within 24 hours, but I didn't want to spend $30 on a switch. I found an aftermarket on greedbay for $15 shipped but finally was told, by my wife, to just go and buy the switch from the dealer. I've mowed with it a couple times now and it seems very tight and like both previous owners took good care of it.
316222.jpg

Chris, very nice! Looks like it does a good job of mowing.
thumbsup.gif

Chris R. Nice little tractor. And I agree with Kraig about doing a nice job mowing.
happy.gif

Well after a couple weeks of mowing the pto stopped working again. This tractor spent more time outside than I originally thought. Somewhere in the ground side of the pto circuit it would no longer make connection. I didn't like all the safetys on mower anyway. I created a new ground circuit. I used a new switch, a momentary on switch, a relay and wiring. For the positive side of the relay I used the positive wire that went to the reverse satey switch. Works great and shuts off with the ignition and then when you restart the tractor hit the momentary switch and fire up the deck.
316982.jpg

Back